Happy Canada Day! & Look Who's Coming Back!!!
Howdy y'all! Hope your Canada Day is the day when all your dreams, come true! (I stole that from Pedro). Wish I was there at J-boc's partay right now. Alas, I cannot go. But, we did go to the great Famer's Market today, to the wonderful bookstore, and to pick up a new backpack for Ms. Nina! And, in addition, here is my brief announcement:
Brad earlier asked for declarations on those parties coming home: when and where. I now have a concrete answer~ So, fools, expect me up in the Hizzouse 3:25 AM, the morning of July 7th! That's right. You all get to see my handsome mug in less than one week. Hoorayyyyy!!! So, in Phil & Sue-like fashion, my itinerary:
Houston (yeah, need to find a way there, hehehe *sigh) depart 5pm land Toronto around 9:55 depart 10:55 land St. John's town at 3:25 AM, July 7th. So, turns out this is probably like the sweetest flight I've ever gotten ahold of. 1 (currently imaginary) ride to Houston + 2 planes, right to everyone's doorstep. Bob's your uncle. (of course, there's almost NO way that it's going to work that way, but you never know- I may actually make all my flights this time).
____________
Unfortunately, as soon as I get back, (on the 8th) I'm going out West for Taylor's pre-wedding expedition to Humber Valley/Gros Morne. Man, I couldn't pass that up, so it should be a really good time. It's 3 days long, sounds great! (I know Jaboc would love some GM action! speaking of which, anyone else coming?)
So, le question: where's the party next Friday Night!
_________
Here are some pictures from My and Nina's recent (amazing, yet tiring trip to Enchanted Rock State Natural Area. It's like of like a smaller, American Ayers Rock. Beautiful, unusual, and lots of fun. We also enjoyed some Winery tours, and Nina bought a pair of Crocs. Wicked Awesome!
________________
In other news: looks like I'm going to be moving out YET again. But, it's all good, it seems. Roommate 1 is going to Japan for a year to study, and now Roommate 2 gets a new job & decides he wants to live in Austin. So, a bit of a squeeze for the old Lukester. But, nothing I can't handle. Unlike P & S's rabid apartment hunting (man, it's no fun to do that in VanCity, hey phil?) I was lucky enough to have a pair of roommate offers already. So, looks like a pick between a sweet (possibly small) house on the River with 2 hippy chicks, or a cool apt. with 2 other chicks who are also super cool. But #2 is further away from campus, and may be a little more expensive.
So, Huddle, if you've got any suggestions, what should it be: livin' la vida des hippies, or livin' the high life in a swanky lil apt. for a little more per mois?
And Question The Second: Who is more excited to see me come back home- Walker, Jacob, or Cory's Mom?
Over & Out, Sirs and Ladies
We shall be rejoined soon!
hasta luego,
L.
Brad earlier asked for declarations on those parties coming home: when and where. I now have a concrete answer~ So, fools, expect me up in the Hizzouse 3:25 AM, the morning of July 7th! That's right. You all get to see my handsome mug in less than one week. Hoorayyyyy!!! So, in Phil & Sue-like fashion, my itinerary:
Houston (yeah, need to find a way there, hehehe *sigh) depart 5pm land Toronto around 9:55 depart 10:55 land St. John's town at 3:25 AM, July 7th. So, turns out this is probably like the sweetest flight I've ever gotten ahold of. 1 (currently imaginary) ride to Houston + 2 planes, right to everyone's doorstep. Bob's your uncle. (of course, there's almost NO way that it's going to work that way, but you never know- I may actually make all my flights this time).
____________
Unfortunately, as soon as I get back, (on the 8th) I'm going out West for Taylor's pre-wedding expedition to Humber Valley/Gros Morne. Man, I couldn't pass that up, so it should be a really good time. It's 3 days long, sounds great! (I know Jaboc would love some GM action! speaking of which, anyone else coming?)So, le question: where's the party next Friday Night!
_________
Here are some pictures from My and Nina's recent (amazing, yet tiring trip to Enchanted Rock State Natural Area. It's like of like a smaller, American Ayers Rock. Beautiful, unusual, and lots of fun. We also enjoyed some Winery tours, and Nina bought a pair of Crocs. Wicked Awesome!________________
In other news: looks like I'm going to be moving out YET again. But, it's all good, it seems. Roommate 1 is going to Japan for a year to study, and now Roommate 2 gets a new job & decides he wants to live in Austin. So, a bit of a squeeze for the old Lukester. But, nothing I can't handle. Unlike P & S's rabid apartment hunting (man, it's no fun to do that in VanCity, hey phil?) I was lucky enough to have a pair of roommate offers already. So, looks like a pick between a sweet (possibly small) house on the River with 2 hippy chicks, or a cool apt. with 2 other chicks who are also super cool. But #2 is further away from campus, and may be a little more expensive.
So, Huddle, if you've got any suggestions, what should it be: livin' la vida des hippies, or livin' the high life in a swanky lil apt. for a little more per mois?
And Question The Second: Who is more excited to see me come back home- Walker, Jacob, or Cory's Mom?
Over & Out, Sirs and Ladies
We shall be rejoined soon!
hasta luego,
L.





















5 Comments:
How was Canada Day?? HOW WAS CANADA DAY?? I'll TELL you how fuckin' Canada Day was...
First, I was working 13 hours yesterday, and got home at 1 AM this morning. I was planning on attending the Beaumont Hamel remembrance ceremony downtown at 9, but I slept in, so I watched it on TV.
So I go to work at 11:30 this morning, and spend the first hour and a half atop a 20-foot ladder hanging theatre lights (I have pictures). I didn't get off until 6:00 (though i was supposed to have a break at 5:00), and I had to be back for a 7:00 call. So the show started at 9:00, ended at 10:30, at which point i was PLANNING on popping over to Jaboc's for some much-needed booze.
But my fuckin' asshole of a co-worked didn't show up for the tear-down at 10:30. Which meant I was stuck striking an ENTIRE FUCKING THEATRE, including two-dozen lights (hung 25 feet in the air, of course), lighting consoles, sound system, and roughly 1000 metres total of cables (all of which had to be neatly coiled, of course).
So it's now 2:20, and I just got home. I have a bottle of Crown Royale next to me, and Ben has shat all over the brand new carpet downstairs. So before I go clean it up, I thought I'd rant to you a bit, and wish you a HAPPY FUCKING CANADA DAY!
Oh right, I have to work from 9:00am until 11:30 PM Sunday morning. I LOVE theatre festivals.
BTW, Luke, I'll respond to the ACTUAL questions in your post tomorrow, when I've calmed down a bit.
Cheers!
I definitely can't top that.
Wow. that was intense. janesey, what is it you do again? Some sort of theatrical Nancying? ;) I kid, I kid.
It was quite a "Dramatic" account (HAHAHAH). (oh, it hurs, it hurts!) ;)
That's a rough pair of days: what was the show!?!?!
And, i'm sure everyone agrees with me: The WORST part of the day?
and Ben has shat all over the brand new carpet downstairs.
Thank God for Crown Royal. hehe
pffft, I leave all the ACTUAL nancying for the nancy-boy actors/actresses, the cream of the crop of pretentious assholes who never fail to make my life, and the lives of every other NON-actor feel somewhat less important than their own Pottery Barn buyin', "latté" sippin' existence. (sorry Jordan)
My job? I'm head techie at the concert halls at the music school...recording, live sound, lighting, general physical labour: I do it all, for very shitty pay. so for this festival (canada's biggest theatre festival, Magnetic North), I'm basically helping the technical crew turn a recital hall into a half-decent theatre, running the shows, and tearing it all down again. FWIW, though, the plays themselves are fantastic...the big one is Bigger than Jesus, at the end of which he drew a picture of Jesus in sand. Definitely worth checking out if it's ever in your area.
Anyways, back to the ORIGINAL post. Good to see you comin' back shortly, Luke. What's the plan for Friday/Saturday night? I hear Hey Rosetta's playing at Junctions on Saturday night...I say we get a crew and go for a night on the town! As for Friday... doesn't matter what, as long as I'm drinking heavily.
As much as I would love to go to Gros Morne again, I'm afraid I can't get the time off work. Plus I don't really know Taylor THAT well, and it'd be kinda weird hikin' the mountain with one of my profs...do you know of anyone else going? I'm savin' my GM trip for late August, when I'm gonna try to spend a few days out there, stay at the cabin, camp at Gros Morne, etc. Anyone interested in joining?
And my vote goes for option number two, if you can afford it. Hippy's can be fun to hang out with, but I can't imagine living with them.
Answer to Question #2: Walker...no-contest
Oh, and by the way...how long are you in town for??
Janezilla
Post a Comment
<< Home