Make me go Outdoors. . .for the love of God!
Fuck, I did it again! I'm here, trying to write a post about being addicted to the Computer and the Internet, and what happens? I get fucking Sidetracked, and can't even start THAT! Goddamnit!!!Anyway, just a quick announcement to say that I am officially addicted to the computer and the internet. I'm looking for suggestions, and/or similar testimonials (talkin' to you, Arielle!) to that effect. HELP ME! I CAN't stop checking the freaking internet like 50 times a day.
Psychological symptoms
* Having a sense of well-being or euphoria while at the computer- yes, how lame is that!?!?
* Inability to stop the activity-yes
* Craving more and more time at the computer- i suppose
* Neglecting family and friends- comments?
* Feeling empty, depressed and irritable when not at the computer- umm, not there yet
* Lying to family and friends about activities- don't think so
* Problems with school or work- probably
Physical symptoms
* Carpal tunnel syndrome- no
* Dry eyes- maybe
* Migraine headaches- no
* Backaches- yes!
* Eating irregularities, such as skipping meals- haha
* Neglecting personal hygiene- hahaha!
* Sleep disturbances and changes in sleep patterns- who knows?
Source-Harvard something or other.
What Should I Do?
I need Suggestions/testimonials. . . help a brother out. I have real work to do!





















6 Comments:
Riotous laughter!
I get *serious* wrist pain when I use a mouse that isn't at the right height (e.g., other people's computer setups). Wait, maybe that isn't actually funny. :(
What about the Prince tiles, yo? You got that done yet, or what?!?
pics look sweet on the flicka. hm.. internet addiction? internet is key, it allows one to surf the superhighway, otherwise no dice. luckily, someone is always about adding things to the huddle for my (be)musement. i pity the fools... anyone freaked out by my father's sudden lack of mustache? he looks pretty different.....
ps check out sight and sound's top ten polls to really make use of your internetting, you can catch a few fascinating bites of ram there i tell ya. as far as i can tell, michael mann is the only one who bothered to add an explanation, and what explanations! more proof he's the man. right? so in conclusion, i'll just say that i have some significant stress for my unwritten presentations in a week, but this is momentarily eased by sight and sound. rouge.com is also pretty sweet...
rogerebert.com will also ease your blues, but it's an investment. the best thing is finding your way back to the mid90s in his answer man entries, pretty good time spender.
ps: what country is jill in? (this is jill v. nina at the suit of europe time by the bye)
we may have a new winner in the "superhighway" addictions department^
thanks for Increasing my addiction, wickidestyles, for your bemusement.
Big Cros looks sweet sans moustachio. Also heard by Big Cros: "hasn't started? I thought that's what he was doing for the last 2 and half weeks!" wicked.
Nina just left London town, me thinks. Where is Jill? and what, is her internet addiction so weak that she can't blog about it?!?!? (or maybe she's actually in Transylvannia! and they don't have computers!!!!)
and I'll paint that tile, as soon as everyone stops providing me new superhighway addictions.
It is clear to me that you need to paint a computer on your tile. Then you'll feel like you're still at a computers.
Yea, paint a computer on your tile so 6 years from now when computers are in our brains we can laugh and say "a non-brain computer, but how could you stay connected to the collective?"
Post a Comment
<< Home