Monday, October 22, 2007

Old and Busted, meet...New Hotness

                   [Old & Busted, w/yellow house "cameo"]
It will surely come as a surprise to some (especially those who forgot —again— that I ever had an automobile), that there's interesting news on the Texas transportation front: the blue beast= gone.

Sold to a Mexican mechanic's sister for the price of 2 tickets to the Spice Girls' reunion tour, after massive brake failure (not while driving), I was pleased to get such a fee for the beast that transported Nina & myself down the Eastern Seaboard to its southern retirement in Central Texas. This Snow-bird has flown the coop.

(whoa, wait, less than those tickets.)
After, oh, about a month of searching, and a small-business loan from the bank of mom+pops, I've come across its replacement. Enter The Red Baron:
                                      [New Hotness]

A '99 TDI (YES, it's a DIESEL, folks...), I got it on Ebay (scary!), from a guy in dallas who then drove it down to A-town. Nice! Lucky for me, it was a no-reserve auction, and I (by which i mean my parents) got it for a very low price. . .at a time when TDIs are selling for 2-3000$ above blue book!

So, as soon as I resuscitate my ersatz manhood, (no flower-holder included, *ahem*) I'm planning on putting Biodiesel fuel in the Baron... the real reason I'm down w/ the beetle. (that, and 45 mpg!).

Let me conclude with this final thought, loaned from Phil:
MEGA ROADTRIPS!!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Philip said...

So when should we expect you to swing by Hogtown? :)

Mon Oct 22, 05:04:00 PM  
Blogger jill said...

awe its so pretty

Mon Oct 22, 06:22:00 PM  
Blogger WhiteLily said...

About time you got a real car!

Tue Oct 23, 09:15:00 AM  
Blogger Cassidy Quinton said...

yHaha Real car....Yes....

It's cool luke , I guess i'll have to visit just to drive it. Any cheap flights anytime soon let me know!

congrats man...now for a real job....hahaha Oh I sound to much like Josh..... Love you!

Tue Oct 23, 06:11:00 PM  
Blogger rowetisserie said...

nice car...fag

Tue Oct 23, 11:12:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

i could not possibly love these comments any more —even if matthew commented a 2nd time!!!!!

P-So- I'll swing by Hogtown soon... as soon as i figure out where it is.
[summer?]

J-You could call it pretty... i prefer to call it "faggy."

W-Indeed! and to think i was considering a deat-defying mo-ped!

C- There's nooo waaay i'd let you drive my car! :)

M-calls it like it is.

Wed Oct 24, 12:01:00 AM  
Blogger brad. said...

Did you hand over your penis in exchange for the car keys? I know I'm late on this one but still wanted to put it out there.

Thu Oct 25, 05:35:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

yes, news travels fast, and I'd call that a deal: 1 penis for 1 volkswagen.

They left my vag alone, thank-you.

Fri Oct 26, 02:46:00 PM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

I was bidding on that car on ebay too damnit! Oh well, at least I've still got my penis. Even typing penis makes me giggle.

Fri Oct 26, 10:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home