Tuesday, February 03, 2009

生日快樂 (shēngrì kuàilè), Brad!


Today is our dear Brad's birthday! Some of us were able to celebrate it early with him before he left for Thompson while others must be content with wishing him happy birthday here and on Facebook. So without further ado, here's Brad's birthday deets!

On this day in 1979, the #1 hit was "Le Freak" by Chic. Celebrities who share his birthday are: Morgan Fairchild (1950) and Nathan Lane (1956). And like yours truly, Brad is a Saturday child who works hard for his living!

Have a great one, Brad, from all of us! Eat lots of cake and have lots of drinks!

10 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Can anyone say Cantonese? :D

Tue Feb 03, 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

Yarr, Happy birthday Brad!

Are you in Manifroza now?

Wed Feb 04, 02:19:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Manifroza! Man, Winnie the Pooh wouldn't be down with that at all. Though I suspect he'd make the best of it.

Happy Birthday Brad!!!!

Wed Feb 04, 02:02:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

I just got psyched by that crazy card.

Happy birthday Brad, hope you're loving life in Manifroza!

Wed Feb 04, 08:04:00 PM  
Blogger jill said...

I can't believe you were born in the 70's!

Thu Feb 05, 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I missed being born in the 70's by five days!

Thu Feb 05, 06:06:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Sat Feb 07, 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger brad. said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. I had a great birthday. Julia suprised me with a trip to Vegas to celebrate our birthdays (her's was yesterday). We did some gambling, saw some shows (Blue Man Group & Wayne Brady), went to the Grand Canyon & the Hoover Dam, and walked up and down the strip over and over.

United airlines lost my baggage and I'm sitting in the Vegas airport now still waiting for them to find the damn thing. So the two times in my life I've flown the the US, both times my baggage has been lost. Weird.

Manitoba is good, still getting settled and trying to get my paperwork together so I can teach. Until that happens, I've been playing copious amounts of xbox (mostly Gears of War for you gamers out there). Don't diss the 70's baby. Oh yeah, I got ID'd twice at a casino on the eve of my 30th birthday. Even weirder.

Sat Feb 07, 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger jill said...

brad, you dont look a day over 21

that sounds like a great birthday, good job julia! sorry about your bags though i hope you got them back. my purse (containing my wallet, ipod, camera, phone, etc) got stolen last weekend so my life is now in disarray, but i did get to meet some sweet nypd guys!

also, what was the blueman show like? that sounds like the weirdest part of the trip!

Sun Feb 08, 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger brad. said...

Blue Man Group was interesting. We sat in the 2nd row so we were given ponchos to protect us from projectiles such as paint, marshmallows, and cap'n crunch. We were spared from any sort of mess however. The 3 blue men were pretty intense, not saying a word during the show. There was one part where 3 of them were roaming the audience and the 3rd was on stage being videotaped at close range with his face projected on a screen just glaring. It was strange. Overall a fun show.

Sun Feb 08, 11:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home