Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Greatest Scary Movie of All Time?

scary movie list

What says ye, Cinephilios?

13 Comments:

Blogger Student said...

that sloth thing in seven was pretty darned scary i tell you.

Wed Nov 01, 03:02:00 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

I don't usually care for scary movies at all. I was happy to see The Wicker Man in there though, as it is indeed one of the freakier-without-being-scary movies I've ever watched.

Wed Nov 01, 03:38:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Wicker man, hey. hmmm

I think the scariest thing ever (so far) is the final scene in Blair Witch.

When the camera just drops to the ground, and we see the outline of . . . something scary.

That image will stay with me 'till I die.

Wed Nov 01, 06:57:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

Wimp.

























>8)

Thu Nov 02, 12:14:00 AM  
Blogger Janezy said...

I agree with Phil.

I'm still haunted by that leper from Kafka.

Tom knows what I'm talkin' about.

Thu Nov 02, 12:51:00 AM  
Blogger Student said...

that image has stayed with me despite having not seen it. in fact it was the huddleman himself who described it so CLEARLY, in SUCH DETAIL that it fused itself to my psycho-visual cortex. all this during a frothy trip through the back alleys of the old country, four years hence.

looks like we share an experience!

Thu Nov 02, 01:09:00 AM  
Blogger Student said...

man, that leper was a barstard!

kafka was sweet. i seem to recall we watched many an obscure filim at winthrop... anyone remember sunshine? so sweet...

Thu Nov 02, 01:11:00 AM  
Blogger Student said...

ps nice slick work over at the bicurious blog, the huddleman might take a few pointers...??

Thu Nov 02, 01:14:00 AM  
Blogger Hin-chay said...

Sunshine was wicked. Remember when the guy got froze to death?

Thu Nov 02, 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger Hin-chay said...

Also, Winthrop was wicked.

Thu Nov 02, 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

I can host Tuesday Night Movie Club at my place now. Who is in?

Thu Nov 02, 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

yeah, maybe Phil should redesign the Hud. I'd be down.

Sunshine- I must've missed that Movie club night.

BUT! remember who founded the Tuesday Night Movie Club!?!?!? That's right!

I think it began as a 'go to the movies' night, am I right? And then quickly degenerated or re-enorvated, I should say, into fine nights of filmbo watchin' over at Winthrop manor.

man, I miss the Winthrop.

Phil, your place, next Tuesday?
*planes*

Thu Nov 02, 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

Last year's host, the Kazakh reporter character Borat played by British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, spoke to Timberlake by mock video link.

He joked that he had a baby to sell to Madonna, a reference to the singer's attempt to adopt a Malawian boy, adding: "My only concern is that this singing transvestite will not be such a good father."


that was from bbc.com. poor madonna, you try to do a good deed, and everyone starts pointing out how much you look like a transvestite.

in other news, big p-white archives found, lots of work for upcoming pwhite scholars!!!

very exciting!!!

Fri Nov 03, 02:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home