Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"Hey, that's pea-soup to you!"

Just wanted to write that Jill made some pea soup the other day and it was delish (the dumplings? we won't go into that).

Also, while a box was sent back containing gifts for my folks, there was nothing there for you. How do I justify this callous act? First: you've got enough already coming to you via the Princes. Second: I was lazy and stores close here at 530... Third: I will get around to it eventually.

Just wanted to clear all that up since I know Hin-chay will spread the word subsequent to his pillow talk with my mother :(

Anyone seen Beowulf?

Ps. the title is drawn from the character Mimsy's final line in my original screenplay, Huddle! Before the Axe of God.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Student said...

Hey why don't you find out what happened to the edison reel guy luke?

And how about the guy who took a katana to the gut?

Tue Dec 11, 02:13:00 AM  
Blogger Student said...

Quick to comment on this post!

Tue Dec 11, 02:13:00 AM  
Blogger Student said...

Ha ha ha! Excellent series of gags!

ha ha ha!



Signed,

Surfin Santa

Tue Dec 11, 07:47:00 AM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

I saw Beowolf, it was pretty good. I'd give it 3 out of 4 stars, 4 out of 4 if you love golden nipple-less boobs. A fun movie that's probably better than Fred Claus. I also saw American Gangster and No Country for Old Men, both of which are awesome. Oscar predictions: Best Actor - Denzel (though not my choice) Best Picture - No Country (though I haven't seen Eastern Promises) Best Animated Movie - Beowolf. Why is there a best animated movie category? I guess Walt Disney wasn't up to snuff with his old fashioned hand drawings but computer animation is a skill worthy of Oscar.

Tue Dec 11, 08:33:00 AM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

I originally thought the category was an exuse to give Tom Hanks more Oscars, but apparently Toy Story didn't win. Sorry Tom Hanks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award_for_Best_Animated_Feature

Tue Dec 11, 08:36:00 AM  
Blogger WhiteLily said...

Well done on the pea soup! You two should watch your mailbox for a Canadian treat!

Same goes for the rest of yas.

Tue Dec 11, 08:58:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

I think the golden breast trumps the lack of nipple. that's just me though.

tom, some australian treats would've been nice. what are you sending to your parents in replacement for our affections?

Can't wait for the screenplay. I trust it involves sea-faring alien vikings.

Tue Dec 11, 08:10:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Movie roundup:

I liked Fred Claus... good for a Christmas laugh. Makes me want to research the Vince Vaughn oeuvre. Still haven't seen Swingers! shame.

Just saw 'No Country'... and yeah, like Cory... totally loved it. the best movie i've seen all year. Though, Darjeeling was the bomb.

it could hardly have been sicker. Didn't see it ending so soon though! Reading that book now.

can't wait to see 'A. gangster'... cory, you think that'll contend for best picture at all?

I wonder if 'There Will Be Blood' will trump them all... it looks unreal.
But for now, my $'s on the coen's too.

Tue Dec 11, 08:19:00 PM  
Blogger brad. said...

You haven't seen "Swingers" yet Luke??!?! ................................................................................................................................................................................That long pause was me questioning why I'm friends with you. Watch it and then we can resume our man love. I own it so maybe it could be a holiday activity, after we play tummysticks of course.

Tue Dec 11, 09:43:00 PM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

I also haven't seen swingers, looking forward to it.

AG has is a best pict nom among big budget movies. It will depend on how many lesser known movies get attention. I'll stay tuned to James St. James the Real Jimmy Hollywood and let you know.

And congrats on the soup Jill, any soup that generates so much Huddle buzz is a sure bet to win Best Soup, Stew or Broth. You took a big risk relying on the pea as opposed to the more popular beef or chicken/noodle combo but it looks like it paid off.

Tue Dec 11, 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger jill said...

thanks for the soup props....heres a picture:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jes8jes/2102450751/

Sat Dec 15, 07:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home