Monday, September 08, 2008

The Moment We've All Been Waiting For:

The Yule Goat 2007-08, LIVE

A labour of love. . . and 8 months. (well, make that several hours over eight months.)

Witness: a hit soundtrack, derogatory stories, a near-melee, and a burning of a goat.

Full screen turns out a decent picture. Watch it either way.


*Password="julbock"

10 Comments:

Blogger Invisible Shield said...

A nice way to commemorate Jacob's return to Canada. . . seeing as he'd re-asked about it, and got this on the go.

Mon Sep 08, 12:24:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

I can't believe this isn't in TIFF.

Mon Sep 08, 01:11:00 PM  
Blogger WhiteLily said...

Oh man, that was perfection. I laughed my HEAD off (especially at the slow-mo dramatic replay of the goat hump)!

Mon Sep 08, 09:57:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri said...

I can't get it to work. :(

Mon Sep 08, 11:50:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri said...

Nevermind, I got it.
Awesome!
Excellent job, Luke. It'll be even bigger and burnier next year.

Tue Sep 09, 12:31:00 AM  
Blogger jill said...

yay great movie luke! except for the coldness, i wish i had been there... hopefully ill get to see it in person someday!!

Tue Sep 09, 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

Great video Luke, I'm available to do commentary for the dvd when it's released.

Tue Sep 09, 01:41:00 PM  
Blogger Jaboc said...

I've always wanted a shot of me humping a yule goat... the slow mo was a bonus.

Sweet vid no doubt.

Wed Sep 10, 09:54:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Thanks for all the kind words, all!

Phil---totally agree. It may have helped to enter it---but who knows?

The slow-mo hump was definitely the finest moment. Conceived in January, that.

This late and final editing process added the Wilco action to the soundtrack, and also the LCD soundsystem.

Jill--- let's hope this Christmas!

and yeah, I hope it's bigger and better this year. We'll definitely store some of the wood/boughs in the house or garage so they'll go up and threaten the woods with a forest fire like 06-07.

Cory, I hoped you'd say that. If you record commentary somewhere on your computer, I'll put it into a 2nd version of the video. Completely do-able.

Wed Sep 10, 01:09:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

I've been saving my comments for after cory's producer's commentary track (in order to get the behind-the-scenes gos) but can't hold it in anymore.

Goat hump was classic-- well conceived and executed.

Everything was sweet, particularly the shout outs to me. Brad was like a brooding sentinel, adding an appropriate touch of menace.

Matthew's touching (and largely accurate) comments on zoophilia brought home the pressing social realities of one of our culture's most undervalued occupations.

kerri and janes brought the quips alright-- cory and jacob added the appropriate level of profanity without going overboard. Randell, Jordan and my main man Newmie grounded the narrative in a heartfelt small-town aesthetic that veritably tugged at my heartstrings.

Finally, as to the apparition near the end (I mean luke's head)-- although neither expected nor requested, it was not entirely unwanted, and ultimately gave the work as a whole an aura of sublime comedy that would otherwise have been missing.

(The Hinches of course architected the movie in much the manner the architected the julbock, so no comments needed!)

Damn, can't wait for my first yule goat celebration!

Sat Sep 13, 11:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home