Monday, October 06, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend Road Trip

Start: Toronto
End: West Haven

Route: 899 km, through such world-class cities as Kingston, Syracuse, and the once-proud hockey town of Hartford! Also, the semi-famous changing of the leaves in New England should be in full force this weekend, so hopefully we'll have some photogenic scenery for the trip. I'm predicting 10 hours on the road, which includes a lunch stop.

Road trips


Anything you West Havenites want brought down from Canada?

14 Comments:

Blogger WhiteLily said...

PAR-TAY!

Mon Oct 06, 08:24:00 PM  
Blogger jill said...

hey why not go through buffalo? just curious because that what google says to do...

Mon Oct 06, 11:21:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

We've gone to northern NY before around Buffalo, and the border crossing was painfully slow. Going north first and heading south by Kingston should be a quick border crossing.

Also the drive around the west end of Lake Ontario is pretty boring. :)

Tue Oct 07, 01:39:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

oh, i loves a good route controversy :)

Tue Oct 07, 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger jill said...

its not a controversy!! i was just curious because im sure we'll be doing the drive sooner or later...thats good to know about the border though!!

Tue Oct 07, 10:59:00 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

I'll also point out that the difference in actual distance between going via Buffalo or going via Kingston is 30 km. I'll chance an extra 20 minutes of driving for the possibility of a significantly shorter border wait. :)

Tue Oct 07, 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger jill said...

stupid google maps they should put that in their route analysis

Tue Oct 07, 06:50:00 PM  
Blogger Jaboc said...

Maybe you can get a job with Google Jill now that you got your GIS degree. You seem to have some cutting edge ideas.

I just felt like I should be involved in this conversation somehow.


In the mean time, me and the Fam are off to Florida for that family vacay I missed last year. I'll wave as I fly over you guys.

P.S. Janezy still hasn't spent a night here yet, but does have an disassemble bed moved in.

Wed Oct 08, 03:01:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Florida! Broken beds!

Chuckles galore.

Wed Oct 08, 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

I helped Janezy move that bed. Then I helped him put it together. Then I helped him take it apart...if you know what I'm saying.

Thu Oct 09, 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

I don't. Could you spell it out for me?

Fri Oct 10, 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Janesey, be careful. Cory may be a gentle lover, but his bedroom secret cam action is legendary.

Who do you think was the braintrust behind "Naughty Newfies"?

Fri Oct 10, 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

Sorry Phil, I'll elaborate. Upon completion of the bed we discovered we'd left out a couple of washers and it made the whole thing rattle and squeak. We decided it would be best to take it apart and do it right. Who knew such small pieces could make such a big difference.

Luke, you sicken me.

Fri Oct 10, 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger WhiteLily said...

aaaaaaand we're back! Pics!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10334151@N06/2943132976/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philipj/2940918939/in/set-72157608016482764/

Tue Oct 14, 09:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home