Monday, August 03, 2009

Bonne fĂȘte, Cory!


"Here's Clark now, #27, heading up the ice with the puck. He passes to Barack Obama (1961) who misses and there's a scramble against the boards. Oh, Billy Bob Thornton (1955) manages to get it and is heading back down the ice. He shoots! and misses but Clark, the hero of the night with three goals already, saves the shot and gets in between the goalie's legs. SCORES!"

*siren sounds* *crowd cheers*

"Look like Clark will be facing off after the commercial break. They're playing that song again! "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor. It must be Clark's birthday song, it IS his birthday today afterall."

"That's right Jim, and it's Obama's and Thornton's too. Did you know there's two birthdays on the opposing team tonight as well? The Rocket's (1921) and Louis Armstrong's (1901). It's going to be quite a party at the end of the game tonight!"

"Bob, what day was Clark born on exactly? Wednesday? Hmm, that makes him full of woe."

"Well, he's certainly not full of woe this evening with four goals under his belt! And I think we're ready to start again. The Rocket is giving C-Dawg the evil eye! There could be a penalty fight coming up!"

"Clark wins the face off and takes off towards the net. He fakes left then right then left again and shoots. He SCORES! Listen to that crowd, they're loving Clark this evening!"

"What's that they're chanting, Jim? It sounds like: Hap-py birth-day! Hap-py birth-day!"

Happy birthday, CCC!

6 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Cory's birthday theme is inspired by The Rocket (hence the French title) and by Cory's own love of the game. Sorry my play by play commentary sucks. :P I did my best.

Hope it's a great one, C-Dawg, and there'd better be a party!

Mon Aug 03, 08:43:00 PM  
Blogger Janezy said...

You're a day early. I'm not wishing him a damn thing until tomorrow, if at all.

Mon Aug 03, 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

Unlike the ungracious Janezy, I will whole-heartedly endorse these wonderful birthday tidings. Coco, I love when your birthday rolls around! It's the best!

I bet there's a great Frank & Ernest for this occasion too!

Mon Aug 03, 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

On this day, we call that comic Cory & Cory.

Tue Aug 04, 06:55:00 PM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

Thanks Susan. I share my birthday with way better people than you other fools. In addition to those already mentioned are the Queen Mum (RIP) and Danny Williams. Janezy I respect your stance on pre-birthday greetings.

Wed Aug 05, 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Man, This birthday is way better than most. Louis Armstrong AND Danny Million$ ?!?!?! What a wonderful world.

How did you celebrate this momentous occasion???

Sun Aug 09, 12:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home