Friday, June 04, 2010

eye-worn-man deuce/ Spring Movie Report

Checked it matinee style yesterday. Pretty good. Pretty, pretty. Pretty good. No IM-1. (Why are they fighting? Why do they even bother to create a reason? Just let them fight!)

That's all we've seen (Nina started watching Planet Earth, BBC styles, but couldn't stand witnessing the death of animals. So . . . she's stuck to her Australia soap-opera).

We may go see Get Him To The Greek. Next week.

What's good?  What's gonna be good?

7 Comments:

Blogger Philip said...

Oh man, gotta stick to Planet Earth, Sue and I went through the whole thing this past Christmas, and it was really excellent. Just have her avert her eyes at the bad parts, that's what Sue does. :)

Recent (non-new) movie watches for me were Sling Blade (where Billy Bob Thorton went full retard), which was depressing and kinda sucked, and Crazy Heart, where Jeff Bridges did his best impersonation of Mickey Rourke's (aha, there's my IM2 tie-in) The Wrestler, but in music form, and with a way less depressing resolve.

Oh, also finally saw Avatar, and obviously really fucking hated it.

Fri Jun 04, 07:01:00 PM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

Glad to see someone else who realizes how shitty Avatar was. Ugh, I can't stand to even think about it. Of movies I've seen lately I thought Robin Hood was pretty good. Plenty of Allan Doyle so that's a plus. The new Shrek wasn't really worth seeing, Sex and the City 2 was the greatest movie ever made and I thought IM2 was as good as the first. Upcoming I think Get him to the Greek looks funny, Toy Story 3 will obviously be wicked and I know Matthew is really looking forward to Karate Kid.

Fri Jun 04, 08:45:00 PM  
Blogger Janezy said...

Robin Hood was good. Haven't seen Iron Man 2 yet, but will probably go next week.

Really looking forward to Inception, and the documentary Casino Jack, which I'm sure Luke will love. And though I'm pretty sure I'm the only zombie/horror fan in the group, [Rec]2 is gonna be fucking sweet, possibly better than the first.

And the French film Micmacs looks like a good 'ol fashion mindjob, check the trailer.

And yes, I've been on a 90's tv kick recently...getting through Due South, and mixing it up with a bit 'o Freaks and Geeks. Good stuffs.

Fri Jun 04, 11:21:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Janezey, I think ye. Casino Jack looks real tight:

trailer

Phil, I like the read on Slingblade. I don't think I can ever fairly judge a BBT movie again.

Did you see Avatar in the theatre? Literally the only reason to see it is the 3d. I would have left after hour one pretty happily.

Like Matthew, I too, am really looking forward to KK.

I think Toy Story is overrated, just a little. I'll still go check #3.

Not sure about Robin Hood yet. I'm looking forward to the new Wall Street!

Sat Jun 05, 03:09:00 PM  
Blogger Jaboc said...

Toy Story 3 will be movie of the summer, hands down. My only problem with this is that I'm pretty sure the few trailers I've seen have given away the entire plot and 85% of the jokes. I'll be there opening day none the less.

IMdeuce will be viewed a few hours after I land. KK is going to be awesome.

What about Prince of Persia? I wouldn't say I'm really excited about it, but it has potential. The games were tops.

Apparently my most recent post that I made a couple days ago seem to have never made it to the Huddle. In short, I will be home early next week and will be there until the 22nd. I'm bummed that I missed the Croz/Slat combo, but am remaining excited about the chance of a Luke/ Nina. Hope you guys make a decision and soon!

Sat Jun 05, 04:20:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

Just started watching Mad Men, pretty sick so far (half way through season 1).

Sun Jun 06, 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

Not doing much eye-wize. Have just caught up partially with Modern Family, very funny. Am more or less caught up with Breaking Bad, although it is at times too bleak to watch. My cocobro and I are preparing to pitch a series to Bravo based around the transcripts we took off our recordings of Janez and Dernald interacting alone together. We don't have a title but the taglike is: "The bleakest thing on television. Ever." It is designed to juxtapose the complex psychic warfare of Dernald with the impassivity and existential indifference of Janez.


More televisual news? I presented a paper on the HBO post-consensus narrative. Went down alright, although not a lot of meaty feedback. Look for the book in 2015 or so!

IM2 was the bomb-trakk. Very enjoyable viewing experience. I remember Sling Blade fondly although I am well known for me visceral dislike of BBT. Haven't seen Crazy Heart, Schrek 2 or Micmacs. Still afraid of Micmacs because of the horror stories of the Cuberee. Avatar was garbage but did look good, although a little repetitive color-wise.

Have seen 2 seasons of Mad Men but that's it. Will have to get back into it I suppose. I worry that the Draper family won't make it, which I find depressing.

I got a full body tattoo of myself in Nfld, only fatter and balder. It has proven hard to lazer-off. I am however contemplating the 100-push-up challenge, currently on week 3.

Tue Jun 08, 11:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home