Friday, February 10, 2006

Chuck Norris, American Heartthrob

So I know that I've been on blog hiatus for awhile, and I apologize. Who knew that living at home and getting goverment cheques by mail would turn you into a recluse? It's 2:15pm an I've been pyjama clad all day. Rock on!

You'd think that being at my computer all day would facilitate blogging, not hinder it. But the truth is, I haven't been motivated to do much beyond writing and checking my email every four minutes.

But that's all changing today, with this, my update/Chuck Norris Post.

First, the update:

1. Yes I'm on EI. So what! You wanna fight about it?

2. I'm shooting my next short at the beginning of April. Still untitled, unfortunately. Auditions
are on Saturday, and I've got 35 people coming out for them - including Luke's HOT SISTER!!

3. I'm also up to my eyeballs in grant applications, which seem to be demanding everything but my first born child - in triplicate.

4. Did I mention I'm still in my pyjamas?

5. For those of you who haven't been introduced, please meet Pearly and Atticus, my two finches that I got from the boy for Christmas.


Atticus (aka 'Fatticus') is the grey and orange one. They are a riot and the only grievances they cause me are the enormous amount of birdshit they emit, and the resentful, guttural meows that come from my cats on the other side of my closed door.

Sorry kitties, not for you.

So yes, that's pretty much my life right now. I will keep you all posted on the progress of the film, and perhaps even send out a mass call for title suggestions.

And now! What I'm sure drew you to this email: Chuck Norris. I don't know how many of you got this email forwarded to you, but in case you didn't - and, really because it's worth reading again - go here for extreme, roundhouse kick to the head humour.

That's it for now. Safe journeys to those of us who are travelling this week. And, as the snow blusters past my window can i just say, "screw you, i wish i was in australia or houston. bite me."

j.

2 Comments:

Blogger Philip said...

EI! Our new Prime Minister would be ashamed. (Not that anyone with a brain should care, mind.)

What is the premise of your film?

Grant applications suck (all of mine got rejected).

Fatticus is the most awesome creature on the go, followed closely by the axolotl.

Further travel news: I am going to Japan! But not just yet. See here for details: http://www.oist.jp/ws4/. I am the lone canuck.

Factoidoids like this are awesome too.

Fri Feb 10, 06:52:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

"Chuck Norris can make a woman climax by simply pointing at her and saying "booya". "

Bahahaha- nice update, J. funny, i thought this was Jacock, until the mention of the short. ha. Thanks for the perdy pictures of Fatticus~ do they run wild around the house ? sweet.
And no, my sister is not Hot. *shudder* she is 17. that'd be cool if she's a movie star though- she can fund my education! hehehe

Fri Feb 10, 07:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home