Thursday, March 23, 2006

Random Thought # 6312


With all the know-how that exists among today's scientists, why haven't giant kiwi fruits been invented yet? With all the pleasure of eating a soft boiled egg, but with the sweet goodness of a green fleshed kiwi, you would think it an obvious next step in the world of genetically modified food. Just imagine: kiwis the size of grapefruits. Wouldn't that make things just a little bit better in this crazy, mixed-up world we live in?

5 Comments:

Blogger Philip said...

Disagree. That you get so little per kiwi is part of what makes a kiwi wonderful. Having an overabundance of kiwi would, for me, ruin the experience.

Now, what I think would be truly wonderful would be a hybrid fruit that is made up of all other fruit in a specific proportion, such that when you cut it up it is a pre-made fruit salad. That'd be sweet.

Thu Mar 23, 02:55:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

haha... giant fruit salad. brilliant. I can picture it!

agreed, that a giant kiwi would enhance the general state of things on earth.

Though, not if you're allergic to ... Latex. Did you know they're related? weird.

Thu Mar 23, 03:51:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I knew! BECAUSE I'M ALLERGIC! *cries*

Bananas and kiwis are no longer an option for me. *sniff* Luckily, I'm not allergic to latex (yet) because then I'd have to wear a Medic Alert Bracelet (get your minds out of the gutter!)

They're all from the rubber plant.

Thu Mar 23, 08:58:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Janes' mom works at the rubbers plant.

Thu Mar 23, 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

my mind is definitely in the gutter, as I laughed for a good two minutes at that. :)

Thu Mar 23, 09:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home