My Life as a Domestic Goddess
I know you're probably thinking "Jordan - domestic? Ha!" (or, more likely, "Jordan - Goddess! Scoff!") but yesterday I spent 3 whole hours preparing a birthday meal for the current beau. And that three hours doesn't even count the time it took the night before to bake the cheesecake (yes, those are chocolate leaves!).
I'm a little shitbaked. But it did spur me to gung-ho it with the job searching this week, and to really put the heat on my ex-boss to rehire me in some capacity. So, who knows: my care free days mooching off the government's teet may be coming to an end. Awk well, we had a good run, didn't we Sam?
Anyway, I'll let you know how the meeting goes. Any suggestions on how to win the heart of a government employee?
For the main course I served: Prawns in a chocolate chilli sauce, beef tenderloin with a blue cheese crust, creamy potatoe dumplings, tomato basil mozarella salad, and grilled goat cheese salad. Oh me jesus, it was some good!
As my over-exuberance in the kitchen might indicate, methinks that my state of constant unemployment is starting to catch up with me. And the government thinks so too. I got a letter in the mail a week ago requesting/demanding that I report to an interview with an EI Investigation and Control Officer tomorrow morning to determine my entitlement to EI benefits.I'm a little shitbaked. But it did spur me to gung-ho it with the job searching this week, and to really put the heat on my ex-boss to rehire me in some capacity. So, who knows: my care free days mooching off the government's teet may be coming to an end. Awk well, we had a good run, didn't we Sam?
Anyway, I'll let you know how the meeting goes. Any suggestions on how to win the heart of a government employee?























2 Comments:
You should have saved said government employee a bit of that supper.
I don't think the Canadian Government employee is called "Sam"... I predict it's "Uncle Jean-Paul"
Gargeous lookin' food. YUM>> me so hungy!
Post a Comment
<< Home