Thursday, April 13, 2006

SUBJ: Freaky Flidays






Hello Ev'rbody:

Here's a few pictures:

WHAT DO YOU THINK!?!??!?!?!?!

You can look at more pictures at flickr.com. Anyway, my coco brother sent me a heartful email claiming I don't blog enough, so here you go locos, here's the good stuff: straight blogging from the beatblogger himself, cocobean123: Crizzbey.

SUBJ: Straight Bloggin

Today is Good Friday, the day when....? Anyway, as it happens, Jill and I are on self-imposed rest and relaxation while we commune with certain higher powers (movies). Jill is hard at work, I'm hard at work, and we're both hard up for good times and dough.

No dough? No pro (blem that is). Just walk around enjoying yourself in the Capital of Stencil Graffittiii. I make the stencils, Jill lays them down straight on the streets of this crazy city.

SUBJ: Boozin, cruzin

Not much in the way of crazy parties for us. We've taken to the high art of crafty recitation. We read line o' verse from our favorite collections: the other person has to rhyme it with a favorite line from a poet who PRECEDED the other and who shares either the first or last name with the first. Then, if successful, the first recitor must counter that with a line from an unpublished poet from a different language, which rhymes but inverses the meter. Usually this is fine, but the tricky part is the next step: both recitors must contribute to the fourth line, such that each foot is in a different meter, and each word uses as a first letter the second letter of the word preceding. This step works half the time: the next step is quite difficult: the second recitor invents words and meters that exactly reflect what the first recitor wrote on a piece of paper two hours earlier and left in the fridge).

We call this "CRAMBO". [A Crambo is what we call the cold piece of paper.)

That's it. I've got a hankering for some crambo.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Student said...

I LOVE this idea. Laura and I are doing it TONIGHT, see you at my place!!!!!!


Mick Bev Janes

Thu Apr 13, 11:38:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

Susan and I both died laughing at this.

Fri Apr 14, 02:13:00 AM  
Blogger Janezy said...

Correction:

I LOVE this idea. BEN and I are doing it TONIGHT, see you at my place!!!!!

Fri Apr 14, 01:43:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

The next step is quite difficult.

See, this is what we meant when the banner declares this site is about "fireside readings." you are it, beatblogger.

P.S. let's play some crambo!

P.P.S Great pics from the Melb town! it reminds me of a cross between San Francisco and Toronto. comments?

And, your office is ridonculous, btw.

who's gonna sit in all those couches?
(crambo players)

Mon Apr 17, 01:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home