Monday, February 05, 2007

Heading home

My grandfather passed away late last night rather suddenly, though not entirely unexpectedly. As such, I'm heading home tonight on the red eye flight, and will be at my parents house tomorrow afternoon.

I'm sure it'll be a hectic week, but I'd definitely like to kick some ass at Wii sports to raise my spirits while I'm home, so we'll have to get in touch somehow. I have my cellphone with me, so that or my parents' house number will work.

13 Comments:

Blogger Student said...

Sorry to hear that phil, hope everything goes well when you're home and it doesn't get too stressful. And definately play some Wii for me!

Mon Feb 05, 06:23:00 PM  
Blogger brad. said...

Sorry to hear Phil.

Mon Feb 05, 07:12:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Hey Phil, our condolences from Texas. . .

Hope you enjoi your time at Home, though. :)

Safe Flight, too.

Tue Feb 06, 01:05:00 AM  
Blogger MsNina said...

Phil

I send my heart felt condolences to you and your family.

Tue Feb 06, 07:55:00 PM  
Blogger rowetisserie said...

Deeply sorry to hear the news, Philbot. Keep it together on your trip home and don't forget that ball-punching is perfectly acceptable when Jacob is attempting to Wii bowl.

Tue Feb 06, 08:09:00 PM  
Blogger Jaboc said...

I would normaly object, but due to the nature of the mourning and such, whatever helps the heeling. Punch away!.. no promises of no chubs though.

Thu Feb 08, 06:06:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

i can speak on behalf of everyhuddler and say, none of us can promise no chubbs re wailing on jay-bird's you-know-what. heck, i can't even promise no chubbs thinking about it! (let alone commenting about it...)

Thu Feb 08, 08:58:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

Thanks all. The shortened week home was fun, though I can't yet claim to have dominated at Wii bowling.

Only 4 more months till another visit!

Sun Feb 11, 08:19:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

phil are you already back? that was pretty quick! also, how was the funeral and everything? how is your school going? and what is it like to plan a wedding thousands of miles distant?

Mon Feb 12, 12:03:00 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

Yes, Tuesday through Friday was my time in NL. I left early Saturday morning, largely because I could get a ticket for *234+tax* all the way across the country. Too good a price to pass up.

The funeral was really good. Gramp's brother was the father in charge, and that gave it quite a personal feel that most other funerals don't. He told stories that made us all laugh, and as he was in charge they got to do things a little "uncatholic". They played the Ode To Newfoundland, which my grandfather absolutely loved, while we brought the casket up front, there were no hymns ("Phil hated hymns", said Father John), and the veterans did their ceremony at the end complete with trumpet, etc, which is apparently also not at all approved of by the church. So it was very really nice, if also terribly sad.

School (aka "writing") is going very poorly, and I'm going to have to pick it up a huge notch now. I want to have half of my chapters written by the end of February, leaving the other half for March.

Finally, I am not doing much wedding planning, which is rather convenient. x8)

Mon Feb 12, 02:37:00 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Coincedently, Father John was the father in charge at my nan's funeral too, as he's the priest over at St. Pat's (where Nan was living). He's a lovely man, I bet the funeral was nice.

It's good to have Philip back (and he does more planning than he's willing to let on). :P Although not as much as the Big Croz does! hahaha

Mon Feb 12, 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

Wait, your grandfathers name was Phil. So the tombstone said Philip Johnson. Creepy. The only wedding planning Phil's done: 1) Get Married. 2) Screw.

Mon Feb 12, 09:46:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

Cory, he was my maternal grandfather.

Mon Feb 12, 09:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home