Monday, May 07, 2007

I still don't know what "Jump the Shark" means, but Spiderman 3 just did it.

What happened? Spiderman 2 was brilliant, and I was pretty sure they had it all sown up now- just tee that shit up, and kick it through the goal for #3.

But no- the audience couldn't decide if it was hilarious because it was completely ludicrous, or because it was genuinely funny. The brilliant musical montage in #2 gets traded in for Tobey Maguire's best Bright Eyes impersonation, and a scene stolen out of the mask.
At one point, we, the audience, had a 'communal laugh' at the movie. WTF?

Occasionally brilliant, but with the exception of the last half-hour, completely messed up. If you saw it this weekend, you know what I mean.

My only theory that could redeem it is that the entire film is an elaborate allegory for our current political situation. And if that's the case, I can't figure out if Dick Cheney is Sandman or Aunt May.

5 Comments:

Blogger Student said...

more deets on the mask thing please.

more deets-- !

ps i suppose jaybird was too crushed to comment. cbutter: comment on jaybird's crushedness posthaste. and i wonder what matthew is up too...?

Mon May 07, 05:38:00 AM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

I thought Spiderman 3 was good with some parts surpassing 2 and some parts that were...strange. Jacob has yet to see it as he is in Buchans Junction for work, I'll likely see it again with him but I'll have to skip out on certain parts. I went to the noon showing on Saturday. Since it is the first movie of the day they still had the big gate closed. Upon arriving at the mall I told Mom to go get seats, not thinking about the line, while I went to EB (I'm getting a PS3 this week). When I got there I couldn't find her in the line so I waited and then went into the theatre. She was already in there having walked past the line, which she thought was just to buy tickets, and went through the small opening left for employees. She just walked in and nobody stopped her, she didn't even need her ticket.

Mon May 07, 05:36:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

Two things from cbutter's story are gold: that cory's mom scammed her way into the movie, and that cory went to the movies with his mom.

Mon May 07, 06:42:00 PM  
Blogger Jaboc said...

... not to mention that he got her to go wait in line for this movie, while he went to the video game store.

You're living the dream C man

Also, all questions for me can be directed towards him. As the new dweller of my room he is responsible for the daily chores, including posting for me on the huddle.

Mon May 07, 07:31:00 PM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

I went with my Mother because she waited in line and bought White Stripes tickets for me and 5 other HHers. But yes I do occasionally see a movie with my mother, you wanna fight about it. As for a Jacob update, he told me last night that he is testing whether certain minerals maintain the same properties after being up his ass for several hours. No really, that's what they are paying him for, to shove minerals into his anus.

Wed May 09, 03:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home