Biggs Darklighter
We never got to see too much of Biggs Darklighter in A New Hope, until the fighter pilot scenes where he ultimately perishes, but you could always tell there was more to his interactions with Luke Skywalker than we ever witnessed. Why this scene was left out of the numerous updates to the original series I'll never know, as it is quite interesting:
Who is up for another Star Wars-a-thon when we're all together again somewhere? :)
Who is up for another Star Wars-a-thon when we're all together again somewhere? :)





















7 Comments:
that was pretty interesting, particularly as i was expecting a brokeback spoof.
tell me more of this!
I can see why it got cut-- a new hope is so linear that they must have felt it was distracting.
re the starwarsathon: only if we do it right! (which we definately will..)
A proper -a-thon is the only way to have it. I have to say I was distressed that we didn't complete it the first time around.
Poll: if you were to do a brokeback spoof in the Star Wars universe, what two characters (feel free to choose any species) and where?
I think the "easy" choice would be Lando+Han, setting: Naboo near a waterfall. I also don't think we should be allowed to include C3P0, given that he's pretty gay already.
I would like to see Salacious Crumb and Pizza the Hutt (that's right, from Space Balls). Serious "gainer" action. Setting: a shabby, run-down buffet, serving krispy kreme calzones and lard-shakes, on an over-ripe paradise world. Rationale: This naughty nugget would be a feast for the imagination; its difficult logistics would be counterbalanced by the overpowering stench of deliciousness.
Alternate: Darth Maul and Count Dooko. Setting: The diner in episode 2: the regulars are all there. Rationale: the epic battle to determine who's on top would be matched in degrees of wickedness by their mutual respect for one another's unparalleled excellence.
I'd want to see Greedo and young Ani, their master/slave relationship really interests me. As for another -a-thon I think we should do it when they all come out on Blu-Ray. I think it goes without saying that we can only do it when Jacob is not around.
i see tom's got a goodlist of homo star wars hookups... man, i'd expect nothing less.
Blue ray'd be sweet. Anyone have a TV worthy of such a showing? I'm sure no one has a blueray DVD player.
the Rowe's Biggie screen'd be tight.
i say we get pennybags johnson to throw down some cash in order to make us all comfortable watching starwars blurayz at his fancy toronto condo.
Alternately, perhaps we could harrass jaybird and matt. to spend some of their professional's salaries on such a worthy pursuit. cory, what are you pulling down anyway?
Wait a minute, we should get janzegamor to invest his north of 60 pay. It would also be nice for him to download and mail north of 60 to me as I miss the exploits of one TeeVee.
If you fucks try and pull that shit again...
But we'll just do it this summer, maybe pre christmas in July?
Post a Comment
<< Home