Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cloverfield [mini-review]

Flawed, but (lots of) fun! . . . occasionally brilliant.   (B-)

p.s. It's about f'ing Godzilla? enough said.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jaboc said...

Immersive.

Pretty crazy.

Recommended for sure.

Sun Jan 20, 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

Fancy a shave??????

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street was also A-MAZING. Recommendations all around.

Sun Jan 20, 12:29:00 AM  
Blogger Student said...

Think how sweet that movie would be if instead of some godzilla-like monster, it was about galactus, as pictured in fantastic 4 2.

so sweet!

Sun Jan 20, 03:05:00 AM  
Blogger WhiteLily said...

Watching Sweeney slashing throats isn't so gross when you've got Philip and Arielle on either side of you laughing their heads off! :D

High recommendations!

Sun Jan 20, 07:40:00 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

@cocobean the more galactus in my life the better.

Sun Jan 20, 10:16:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Jaboc—so you saw Clvrfld?

did you find the camera hard to watch? like, i just had some migas before, and it made my stomach a little. . . restless. But maybe i was just too close.

And I thought Hud, the guy with the camera was at times, unbelievably stupid and annoying... but those were my main probs. with it. comments?

Sun Jan 20, 03:42:00 PM  
Blogger brad. said...

I agree with your Hud comment Luke. I definitely wanted to hit the mute button on that fool a couple times. Great movie though. Glad I ate my bunker burger AFTER the movie.

Mon Jan 21, 04:37:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Yeah, that was exactly my feeling about it.

I honestly can't imagine why they cast a guy who is such an idiot as their main narrator. And not only that, but oftentimes he would film stuff that no ordinary human would want on film (like people in mourning, etc.). Though definitely some of that stuff you just *have* to get away with, otherwise, the movie would be about nothing.

***possible spoiler****
I am impressed that literally the whole film came from the mini-camera, but at the same time, it made a lot of it a lot harder to work with, I think.

Mon Jan 21, 06:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home