Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Confirmation of News




Well, it's now official, as I've just accepted the offer, that Jill and I will be moving to New Haven!

In related news, we've also been fortunate to have been offered to rent one of the faculty's beach-front condos for the first year we're there! It has two bedrooms, apparently, so we'll be expecting some visitors....?

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Kerri said...

My favourite thing about this post is the Yale cheer in the corner of the picture. Yale! Rah! Rah! Rah! Rah! Rah! Rah! Rah! Rah! Rah! Yale!

Tue Mar 11, 11:10:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri said...

But seriously, congrats, Tom!

Tue Mar 11, 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

I hope you turn into one of those yalies that sings the yale song with pride. And then I'll punch you in the nuts.

Seriously though, when will you be shipping off to the finest school in all of New Haven?

Tue Mar 11, 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

(I ask because I want to do an East Coast US road trip this summer, so, we could visit and etc.)

Tue Mar 11, 11:24:00 AM  
Blogger rowetisserie said...

wow! yale...the third oldest academic institution in the states, second biggest endowment...pretty impressive.

you had better be ready to embrace all things yale upon arrival (or before) especially Handsome Dan and the frisbee.

Tue Mar 11, 05:43:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

Matthew, when exactly was I not embracing Handsome Dan? Ditto with the Frizz'.

We should be there in early Sep, but if you're home for the summer we'll be home then and we can plan.

As for the song, I'm learning the words as we speak...

(Also on the lookout for Joshua Jackson's fine film Skulls, but that is entirely unrelated.)

Tue Mar 11, 07:37:00 PM  
Blogger Jaboc said...

Wow indeed. It must be a huge relief knowing where you are finally going... but man, knowing that it's Yale you must be so pumped.

Who'd a thunk a kid who wasn't even in advanced english in high school would be attending such a prestigious college to do his phd in the subject someday. Maybe you should become a motivational speeker?

Congratulations Crizbird!

Thu Mar 13, 05:35:00 PM  
Blogger brad. said...

Nice work T(h)om. Bring plenty of sweaters to tie around your neck and/or waist.

Thu Mar 13, 05:57:00 PM  
Blogger jill said...

its not in english btw its the sociology department

Thu Mar 13, 07:09:00 PM  
Blogger rowetisserie said...

way to look like an ass, jacock!

Fri Mar 14, 02:08:00 PM  
Blogger Hin-chay said...

Tom: Lux et veritas!

Fri Mar 14, 03:31:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

yeah, poor Tom didn't make it into advanced sociology either- oh the ignominy!

WOW--- so, nice job, Amigo!!! I might be your first visitor. . . so close to NY! the beach house sounds pretty fab, too... cold in the winter?

And what were the other offers of nine(?) Anything worth mulling?

Sat Mar 15, 01:49:00 PM  
Blogger WhiteLily said...

Yay, congrats Tom! It's going to be nice having you close enough to visit (and that goes both ways!) All the best in settling in. :)

Sat Mar 15, 06:22:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

Thanks gang -- and yeah we hope to go to toronto a lot, it's definitely the easiest place for everyone to get to??

Sun Mar 16, 08:24:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

Here was a post that did me proud!

Wed Feb 17, 04:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home