Friday, October 10, 2008

Breithlá sona duit, Steve!



Pass around the Irish-themed cake, it's Hinchey's birthday today! In the ole' Emerald Isle on his day of birth, the bonny nurses were listening to the number one hit on the radio, "Pass the Dutchie" by Musical Youth. Back home in North America, they were jigging to "Jack & Diane" by John Cougar (he was in his non-Mellencamp phase).

Born on a Sunday, Steve unbelievably (and very accurately) was "...the child that is born on the Sabbath day/ Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay." So there you have it folks!

Famous people who share this fabulous birthday are: Mario Lopez (1974), Tanya Tucker (1958), and Giuseppe Verdi (1813)!

If you see the red-haired birthday boy today, make sure to wish him a year full of happy times and offer to buy him a beer at his favourite pub. All the best to ye, Steve! There's a (non-Irish themed) birthday card in the mail for ye.

9 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Of course, Steve's birthday greeting is in his beloeved Gaelic and his birthday picture says, "Kiss me, it's my birthday!" ...also in Gaelic.

Have a good one, buddy!

Fri Oct 10, 08:36:00 AM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

Happy birthday Steve! I was going to get you a house but you've already got one, guess I'll just have to buy you a beer instead.

Fri Oct 10, 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Hinchey, you weren't actually born in Ireland, were you?

And Tanya Tucker . . . that's pretty good company, though I might pick Verdi over her (depending what we're picking for, I guess).

Steve, have a good one. There's a pint of ale waiting for you in Texas. For the bargain price of one flight from Newfoundland.

Fri Oct 10, 11:49:00 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Of course he wasn't born in Ireland. He's just deeply in tune with our Irish backgrounds!

Fri Oct 10, 05:24:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

I'm going to wait for Hinchey to chime in on this. You got me curious, now Sue. I have to be sure.

Fri Oct 10, 05:49:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

Hinchey got a house?? Wha??

Further to the comments above, I will wish you neither a great birthday, nor a terrible birthday, as the path of wisdom lies only in moderation.

Steve you will also be buoyed to know that you have have been granted a year's extension to fulfill your assignment with the countries project. But as you know, "the owl of minerva flies only at dusk."

Further to my comment above, I have been attending class next door to Yale's prestigious "Madagascar Research Group"-- an office stock full of material for only lucky countries projector.

In closing, let me wish you a birthday of moderate enjoyment.

Sat Oct 11, 12:55:00 AM  
Blogger jill said...

happy birthday steve!! i hope you had a great day...

its tough to follow toms birthday wishes...

Sat Oct 11, 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Jaboc said...

Further to Jill's message above, I agree.

Happy Birthday buddy. I'll be sure to give you a gift when we christen that shed of yours. When can we expect that shed warming party anyways?

Sun Oct 12, 12:17:00 AM  
Blogger rowetisserie said...

well i got drunk with him

Fri Oct 17, 03:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home