Post yer loot!
How was everyone's haul? I got the standard issue clothing, a couple of gift cards (already used, chapters.ca expecting delivery January 2nd), and the best of all, from my better half, The Complete Calvin & Hobbes! It is printed on fabulous paper, the binding is beautiful, there's that "quality book" glue smell that I adore, and the comics are as hilarious as ever. It's also about 10 pounds, but worth every one. Susan tells me they had 4 left at the Chapters on Granville @ Broadway, and as I look on the web now they seem to be all sold out. *phew* :)
The only thing I'm missing this year are friends and family (*nudge, nudge* you goons should come and visit us this year!)! I hope everyone else is having an awesome holiday, and post yer loot!
The only thing I'm missing this year are friends and family (*nudge, nudge* you goons should come and visit us this year!)! I hope everyone else is having an awesome holiday, and post yer loot!





















6 Comments:
Yo yo, the loot is in! I gots me some gift cards, chocolate, and CDs galore (including the new GBS one autographed!!). My bestest gift though was one of my art pieces framed by Philip! He picked out the nicest frame and mat for it! Check it here.
Wow... the Haul Indeed! I can never remember what I got.. haha, heregoes.
The Quinton Household and Santa Claus gave far too generously, and Luke received: gift cards, board games (urban myth !??? looks great!) a snazzy roots roller/backpack, clothes, a chinese calligraphy set, ANd.... a new digital camera! Hooray!!! (pics to come).
> saw the Calvin and Hobbes, it looks amazing. What else did you order online? (my guess?: some phys/bio text, ha ha)
>Signed GBS! pretty sweet! and Love the ART! it looks beautiful> is it oil/pastels/water !?!?! i can't make it out.
Anyway, hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!
I guess in that spirit, the madre andpadre also bought neat gifts from Worldvision on our behalf... farming seed and tools from me, a goat for Josh, etc.... they sent snazzy cards. I thought that was pretty cool. so, sweet!
You betcha! The Mathematica Guidebooks for Numerics and Symbolics. Mathematica is essentially like the most insane graphing calculator you've ever (more aptly never? ;)) imagined, and I don't understand it nearly well enough, so I've bought all four of the guidebooks that have come out now (programming, graphics, numerics, symbolics). Its what I use to analyse data, generate graphs, etc, and it is also a programming language, so I've picked my poison and want to learn it really well now. :)
Sue's picture was made with pastels, and looks even better in person! I liked it so much I wanted to get it framed before it started getting ripped around the edges, and it was just starting to, so I'm glad I saved it in time. And now we have our first really nice piece of art. :) It was inspired by a trip to the Vancouver Art Gallery, which has a permanent display of Emily Carr paintings on its top floor.
Also, that's awesome re: the seeds, tools, and goat!
Is GBS Great Big Sea? Am I the only one in the dark about this?
Anyway, I got a new digital camera too - Canon a520, oh so sweet - some pretty leather gloves, books, chocolate, dvds, and two gorgeous (and live) finches which I have thus named Atticus and Pearly, and who have been taunting my cats, who now spend their days perched outside my door meowing for their dinner.
mmm... finchdinner.
yeah, GBS stands for Great Big Sea. Wicked, hey?
it's like CBS. but not.
sweet gifts...luxurious gloves, chocolate. yum
didn't know you had an alias/alternate blog~!
what a double life of mystery you lead, Ms. J.!
Out.
I got some video games, guitar hero is awesome as some of you can attest. And some clothes, gift cards, etc. I also got a virus/spyware or some bullshit, and I wasn't even looking up porn! I also got a new crack pipe, you think that all crack pipes are the same, but when you get a good one...well you'll just have to experience it for yourselves.
Post a Comment
<< Home