Thursday, March 30, 2006

Praying for the Whiskey Romeo Alpha Poppa

That's WRAP for all you cats out there who aren't hip to the movie-making lingo. That's right! The big day is fast approaching. We start shooting on Saturday morning, at an ungodly hour, and we should be finito by 3am on Tuesday morn. It's going to be a full 2.5 days, so I've developped a mantra to get me through it. Feel free to use it during times of stress:

"Please don't let me fuck up. Please don't let me fuck up. Please don't let me fuck up."

Not bad hey? Tim (of HR! fame) keeps suggesting "Breathe. Prepare. Breathe." But I like mine better. More, shall we say, to the point?

I'm half excited, half utterly shitbaked. Almost all the pieces have come together (remarkably), and I have one of the best frigging crews around - including my right hand gal, "Laura Chuchill: Continuity". Because no one's working on any "real movies" right now, i've got some of the top people in the business working on this - and for free no less! Well, by free I mean a bottle of wine each. But that's almost free! And the drunker they are, the more forgiving they'll be about the lack of pay.

But, all the same, I'm going to be a much more pleasant person after we're finished shooting.

On another note, my finches have gone a little bit whacko. They've undertaken the huge task of building a nest in this little, ornate cage I was given as a gift. Over the last month, they've picked up every bit of fluff and string off my floor, and have snatched up the ribbons and scraps that my mother has hung in the makeshift tree i've got next to the cage. Here's the current state of the ever-growing nest:



If we continue to put stuff out for them, I think they're going to keep building until they've got four walls, a roof and a driveway.

Anyway, please say a little prayer that the shoot goes well this weekend. And, if it does, hopefully you'll all be around to see the film this summer at the Nickel!

xox/sos,
j.

1 Comments:

Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Nice!
I like 'breathe prepare breathe' and after a mild anxiety attack yesterday, I read a bit about the programs out there... pretty interesting...something about asking yourself contrasting questions-
anyway, sounds great.... how's your cast looking? still shooting on video!?!? Hope it goes great- excellent to hear about all the supremo help you're getting
those birds are wicked.
I 'm going to get a fish.
(Mr. Fishy to be precise).

Thu Mar 30, 07:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home