So as far as I can figure... I'm famous
I neglected to mention, but as some of you know, I am a newly initiated Disc-Jockey (that's DJ to you) on the local college radio station here in San Marcos. That's right. I'm on the radio. I figure that pretty much makes me the most famous person you know. I don't play my own music (yet) but at 10, 30 and 50 past the hour 8:30-10:30 NL time, (okay, those times only work for Central time (6-8) so it's 8:40, 9:00 and so on), you can hear me talk on the internet. It's me and a guy named Sean. . . who seems like a pretty nice guy.Go to
KTSW.net and click "listen live" at the top right.
I can't vouch for the music, and I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's Monday Night, so you might as well check it out.





















8 Comments:
hey luke...i think you told me about this on messenger...but yay that sounds like a wicked job! figure out what time that is in melbourne and ill be sure and listen!! what kind of music do you have to play? when will you get to pick your own music? which newfoundland radio celebrity inspires you the most?
Hey Jill!!!! Sweet preguntas. . . So, the time in Melbourne is (get this, hehe) 9 AM! Well, I for one couldn't think of a better time to tune in! Maybe you're just chilling in the office . . . that would be sweeet.
And I don't play my own music yet. but every now and then I get to throw in a tune or two (last night I put on a rogue wave track). Maybe I'll get my own show soon, an dmake it with Canadian Tunes. I think I'll call it "Canadian Club" (like the whisky- yum).
As for my inspirations: It's hard to pick. I think it's a tie between
Terry Hart and
Larry J.
P.S. Did anyone actually hear it ?
now accepting critiques:
I forgot, as it was the night of Game 7 of Lord Stanley's finals!
Unlike Phil, I didn't forget...I just didn't listen. Sorry Luke, your'e not as famous as Lord Stanley (yet).
And PLEASE no Tragically Hip, if you decide to play some Canadian tunes. How about some Rheostatics? Or you could go with some "hometown" flavour and play Hey Rosetta...or The Planks (a new band with Sean Panting and Kelly Russell....fantastic stuff)
thought i'd pass on this bad idea as a nugget for luke's award winning radioshow. if you're going to teach indigenous people a language, i say... not esperanto.
The Indigenous Dialogues Foundation (Indiĝenaj Dialogoj or ID) is an international organisation which seeks to empower organisations of indigenous peoples worldwide to communicate directly, freely, and affordably, allowing them to more effectively work together for their common interests.
ID provides internet connectivity and teaches courses in Esperanto as an international bridge language. Esperanto was chosen rather than a major national language such as English because it is nationally neutral and relatively easy to master, while still backed and proven by an existing infrastructure -- over a century of Esperanto culture -- and its surface similarities to major European languages facilitate the learning of regional and world languages such as English, Spanish, or Russian.
Bessie Schadee and Sylvain Lelarge of the Netherlands and José Carlos Morales of the Brunka people of Costa Rica started ID in the late 1990s; two worldwide and five regional courses have been held from 1999 to 2001, with representatives from over twenty peoples. ID is supported by a number of international organizations, banks, governments, and private individuals, and is pursuing possible ties with UNESCO.
Janes, you buggar! I mean, there would have to be some Hip eventually. But, I mean, if you're limited to that, then you have no business doing a show about Canadian music.
How about the New Pornographers, Destroyer, BSS, Feist, Wintersleep, HR!, etc. etc. etc. I think the list is pretty long.
Thanks for the Planks tip, btw. I'll definately check them out!
Now a word about Esperanto:
What, are they retarded? What are they going to do when there's 300 pockets of indigenous peoples around the world who can only talk to . . . EACHOTHER.
Fuck me, man. Just teach them English and get the Imperialist notions over with.
Okay, maybe that's a bit harsh^^ But, I wanna see how Esperanto's working out.
it's about as wrongheaded a notion as making a movie about a man with the intellect of a 7 year old raising a child, but what happens when she turns7?!?!?!?! 7 of course is a much more challenging age then "babyhood".
what im trying to say is some movies are as stupid as organizations spreading the equally imperialistic esperanto to unsuspecting indigenous peeps. you should teach navajo to other indigenous people: they can become windtalkers to each other and leave us fools in the dust (according to a wicked movie). and our dene bros will have a legup, since they got a related language on the go. In conclusion, i've just made an excellent point. and sean penn should fuck off...
Post a Comment
<< Home