The Rooms?

For anyone in the St. John's area: I'm proposing a trip to The Rooms tomorrow (wednesday) evening. I, along with Phil and Sue, have yet to be there so why not check it out on the only nite of the week where they offer admission for the low low price of nothing! So bust your piggy banks and fill your pockets with air, waters are on me afterwards. I don't have Phil or Sue or Luke or Hinchy's phone numbers so I had to resort to this public approach. Apologies for all those fools down under and those residing in Canada's asshole. So reply here or call me 746-9895.
p.s. In Soviet Russia, the Rooms look at you!





















6 Comments:
Brad, you've read our minds! We're planning on going there tomorrow night with Philip's mom anyways! We'll give you a shout tomorrow.
cool. call me after supper.
Check out Janet Cardiff's Forty-Part Motet, or as I call it, Thomas Tallis meets Dolby Digital 40.0 Surround Sound. It'll be easy to find...just follow the music.
It's forty speakers arranged in a circle around a room, each speaker housing the voice of a singer, all of whom are collectively singing Thomas Tallis' Spem in Alium (written in 1570). It was written for eight 5-voice choirs, but no two singers sing the exact same thing...it's actually 40 individual lines of music/text going on at the same time...none of this 8-singers-to-a-part-nancy-boy crap...it blows you away in Stereo, let alone 40-channel surround!!!
Highly recommended. Check out this review
Oh...and our pedophiliac friend Cory the Pedophile would particularly enjoy the fact that it's young boys singing the soprano lines...he likes his boys young and churchy.
I'll go! As long as you don't mind waiting until 11:30...and breaking in, hey it would still be free.
I'm up for that Corey.
Postscript -- The Rooms were sweet, even if for nothing else but the views of the city. Also, Janesee's recommendation was sweet too.
Post a Comment
<< Home