Friday, October 06, 2006

bus bloggin'


to your certain amazement, I am now live bloggin' - bus style. Since my car's outta commission until I get a frikkin' job, I've been kickin' it bus-stylz back&forth to Nina's place in Austin a couple times per week. Turns out it's cheapter than gas anyway, AND, more importantly, the real reason I'm taking the bus?: because it has Wi-Fi! And i'm using it right now- in your computerFaaace!
Aside: Holy crap- so the bus driver is a crazy old man (ex-military for sure) who wears a Cowboy hat, and talks like a mix between the Godfather and Tom Waits. Apparently, as I look out the side window here, he just got in some sort of non-verbal argument with this white car, and for some completely inexplicable reason decided it would be a great idea to go ahead and pass him on the shoulder. Of the interstate. In the middle of traffic. In front of a cop. Ahh, well.

said bus may look something like this. Ouuuuh look, a Dairy Queen.

The real reason i'm busbloggin'? Rick Mercer is hilarious again. In website-form.

I do not urge you to read this post on Conrad Black- it's too hilarious to recommend.

P.S. What's everyone up to this weekend? TALK to me babays.

8 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Wicked Rick Mercer blog! Cool bus! Happy Thanksgiving, even though it's not for you, Lukesssss. Happy Columbus Day, I guess?

Roll out the tofurky! :D

Sat Oct 07, 01:03:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Hahahaha...... ToFurkey for all!

Except forme.

Actually, we are, today, subverting American traditions by partaking in . . . Canadian Thanksgiving!

random, hey? Turns out we have a bunch of profs. from Canada- and somehow i get lumped in to their gettogether. So, real turkey it is!

Glad you liked Bus bloggin' and RM's boggggaaa!!

turkey, out

Sat Oct 07, 04:20:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

Free internets on the bus? Maybe I should move to Austown!!!

You just took this blog to a new level of awesome.

Sun Oct 08, 02:39:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

we just chilled it. i sold a few franks. jill did her thang. most importantly (and VERY importantly), season 2 of lost has just been released south of the equator, which is disasterous for our work but excellent for our spiritual health (but disasterous for our mental health since its so danged terrifying).

australian idol still rocks hard as well...

Mon Oct 09, 03:29:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Australian Idol- ! Season 2 of Lost! it's pretty sweet- we just watched the beginning of Season 3!

man- seriously, what's up with these franks???

Do Australians have thanksgiving!!?!??? I think not? fill us in!

Tue Oct 10, 02:37:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

the franks are sold at a shabby stand in the (in)famous victoria market. people line up from 630 am to get them, even though they're fairly shitty and expensive. saturdays are the busiest, with ten of us in a space the size of, well, i dont want to say anything bad about janez's mother now he's got a sword.

no thanksgiving here for the simple reason that they have never tried to extend the olive branch to the indigenous population, hence no sitting around the horn of plenty. they do have a lot of sports-related holidays though.

rick mercer's blog was indeed humorous. what do newfoundland comedians do now that 22 minutes is gone? blog i guess.

nobody here can believe turducken exists, let alone tofurkey. i guess its a north american thing.

Tue Oct 10, 08:52:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

haha, I found everything in that hilarious and informative- so, TC, you're 'serving' the dogs, yes?

Sweet comments re: horns of plenty

22 minutes is still going strong, isn't it?

and MANNNNnnnn, if we could only have more about Turducken on this blog, I would be a Happppyyyyy happyyy man

Wed Oct 11, 12:24:00 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

I've been trying to type out my weekend extravaganza, but with this side of turducken in one of my hands, it makes typing awfully slow.

Wed Oct 11, 02:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home