Sunday, November 05, 2006

A new huddle

Hey all~ well, I hate to divert any attention from the post below [which so many have yet to comment on ;( ] But maybe we all need a diversion.

I took yesterday to really mess around with some ideas for the HH, the first time I've taken that time in weeks (haha, although, man, did I WASTE so much time... bloody computers).
The new Header is complements of Ms. Jill S. (although I stole it without her permission). And I hope you like the layout. Phil and I agree, it's pretty slick.

But, inspired by Biocurious' new redesign , I have been fiddling around with some graphics, and wondering what y'all are thinking.

Here's a look- please use your imagination~ for example, I would add the semi-transparent frosting to all the text. (click on it to enlarge)

I'm also thinking what it would look like in 'panelled' form- like a panel for the main text, and a seperate one for sidebar.

None of this is of any consequence, of course, but it's good to have a new look sometimes, so let me know what you would like to see here.

13 Comments:

Blogger Philip said...

I think the Holyrood Huddle title could be above the image, while the text that defines what it means could have the transparent background to aid with visibility. Because that's the part that's often hard to read, I find.

Eh?

Sun Nov 05, 03:14:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

hey--- one good suggestion, for sure.

how do you mean, above the image?

agreed on the background...

mmore suggestions!!

Sun Nov 05, 03:36:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

i agree w/ philbert. now, what's the dilly o on getting some real smooth style everything else yo!

more delicate color contrast on the sidebar, follow biocurio's lead.

Sun Nov 05, 09:33:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I'm with Philip too. I LOVE the picture!

Sun Nov 05, 10:31:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

i like biocurious's space above the banner. if we go with the words floating in the pic, then the erudite descriptors should be on three instead of two lines so it fits better. make it perfect!!!

Sun Nov 05, 10:46:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

i saw put the words on a transparent bar at the bottom of the picture. got it??

Sun Nov 05, 10:52:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

If you saw it already, ............

;)

Sun Nov 05, 11:41:00 PM  
Blogger jill said...

my 2cents:
i like the sans serif text...the small text is a bit hard to read though. thats all i got.

Mon Nov 06, 12:13:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Good suggests. from all hands here...

so, make the subtext easier to read by: adding a transparent background
making it 3 lines
possibly bigger text

I'm not proficient enough to add space before the banner, +, we don't have any other pages to link to like that (we could, of course).

So, Phil, my only problem is... i'm lazy, and I can't make these changes (well, the transparent background) in the blogger template, I've got to create it and add a new image each time, right?

BEcause, right now it's super easy to change the background... and just leave it like that. Is there any way to do it otherwise???

Tue Nov 07, 02:13:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

Yeah, you're going to have to manually change the image each time. However, if you keep a template in Keynote (or whatever you are using to make the transparent box), it is quite easy.

Tue Nov 07, 02:58:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

hmmmm.... me thinks a tutorial session is necessary :) hehehhe

Oh... I guess I protest too much. I can do it!!!

Oh... but actually, PmJ, I did run into a strange problem--- I deleted the header from the template (temporarily) and added the new image- but the old one wouldn't go away!

Not sure if it's a blogger problem, or I'm just not reading the template properly- I mean, there was nothing there, practically.

Ideas?

Tue Nov 07, 03:11:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

Not sure I understand the problem exactly.

Find me on iChat tonight and we'll discuss.

Tue Nov 07, 05:11:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Dang it-

I left my L [to the] TOP in Austin... damnit!

the prob:

1) so, when I redesign the template in Keynote, I then save it as an image file (?)

2) and then put that image file as the header, right?

That's what I tried, and it works... but the original header remains! (even though I "deleted" it from the template)

does that help any more?

Bless you, my child!

Tue Nov 07, 06:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home