Thursday, December 07, 2006

Newfoundland-Ebert News 5

As part of an ongoing attempt to draw follow bloggers' attention to connections between our fine province and that inimitable critic Roger Ebert, please note:

Most Undernoticed Overused Movie Dialogue
"You just don't get it, do ya?"

Darrell Bowering, St. John's, Newfoundland

Further to the above: anybody seen any Wong Kar-Wai movies lately? Ever wonder why Ebert gives such shitty reviews to Wong Kar-Wai? Or why there are virtually no reviews of Park Chan-wook or Johnny To??

I bring this up because my cocobro has been banging down my electronc door (re firewall (?)) asking these very same questions and SURELY my fellow janezgamor or philhaxor or jaybird or someone feels the EXACT SAME WAY, surely?

ps cocobro do some more research on that phenomenon you noticed re celebs and get back to me... sounds promising...

2 Comments:

Blogger Philip said...

Where's your love for Lenny Maltin??

Thu Dec 07, 02:20:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

I may have no idea what you're talking about, Criizbard. . . but I Support You!

the real tragedy is that Ebert's stroke recovery has limited his ability to critique movies! it's been a little sad without the astute populism of "Easy E"

I've read a little of the NYTimes' A.O. Scott- but i'm not really down

What do you read instead, Crizz? Lenny MalsBalls?

Fri Dec 08, 10:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home