Thursday, May 10, 2007

Birth of "I'm Lostie 1"

Alternate title:
Between Bathos and Eudaimonia: The sociological imaginary of I'm Lostie 1


Behold! the earth shakes, a new conceptual titan is born!


Note one: I received several personal correspondences on an earlier hudd'. These were to the effect that my first and profound insight into the shadow-world of fanposting rent a hoary seam in the fabric of most people's feeble cerebral cortexes. Such comments fell into one of two groupings: the first group saw the death mask of the universe in the grasping comments of those lovable lost fans; the second group quickly identified a pressing need to keep open this porthole into the strange and mystical social imaginary of lostfandom. Since I am nothing if not servile, and also seeing as I fall into both groups, I've decided to act on these many urgings and present to our little huddle the birth of a new lost message board poster-- none other than the brilliantly disguised author of THIS post.

Behold! the earth shakes, a new conceptual titan is born!

Australian lostfans already know him well, but witness the pure exuberance of a provateur-poster named I'm Lostie 1--

Thesis: ImL1 is a wonderful creation expressing the pure joy of being in the world.
Thesis: ImL1 is despressing in every way...



First Post:


By: brettski_01
Today (7:16 pm)
Yahoo! Profile:
brettski_01
Did this message offend you?
Report abuse
and then there was silence Reply to this message
it has been rather quite here for the last few months

*pin drops* u can literally here a pin dropping

come on people come back to the boards god damm it! lol

ps. sorry matt

By: imlostie1
24 minutes ago
Yahoo! Profile:
imlostie1
Did this message offend you?
Report abuse
Re:and then there was silence Reply to this message
i agree let's get some more lost-talk here. any thoughts about tonight's program?

By: studzy6
4 minutes ago
Yahoo! Profile:
studzy6
Did this message offend you?
Report abuse
Re:and then there was silence Reply to this message
oh dear lord! (my new saying haha)

LOst is on in 2 hours and 10 minutes for us West Australian's, gives me just enough time to prepare as I just got home and feel like a salad burger sandwhich x2 (oh hungry me lol).

ok, I have a few suggestions for you Brett.

cough cough, clear the throat here....

We need an election!

oh dear lord!

Yes, don't look at me that way! I said election, not erection!

oh I see.......

fantastic, now its all in Brett's hands.......

*Joke deleted*

hahahahahhahahahahahahaha

Where is that burger?

omg! I've got it!

We need more random threads around the boards! Its all spoilers, God or simply nothing!

oh how we should be ashamed

yum yum, toodles!

By: imlostie1
0 seconds ago
Yahoo! Profile:
imlostie1
Did this message offend you?
Report abuse
Re:and then there was silence Reply to this message
I won't disagree.... I wish I had a burger. Luckily lost is on right now.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Invisible Shield said...

mmm... salad burger.

WHat kind of crap do they eat in Australia?

unless it's a Dharma Salad Burger

Thu May 10, 02:58:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

burgers with hammy bacon, fried egg, pineapple, beetroot/beets and jack russel wiskers.

Thu May 10, 07:14:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

fried egg sounds good.

is that the whiskers of a jack russel terrier?



p.s. Tom, sounds like you should join our friend Joey's newly created facebook group called "Lost in Lost". . . it's a clever titlulage- u can find it through nina's FB. yeah.

Sat May 12, 02:05:00 PM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

I don't know how to respond to this post. Is Tom Lostie 1, is it a friend of his or does he just have way too much time on his hands? I'd read it again to see if I could figure it out but I wouldn't be able to handle that.

Sun May 13, 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I'm with Cory.

Sun May 13, 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

you two are certainly on the right track. i will now officially unveil the true identity of imlostie1 as... this slick fucker.

coco/imlostie has decided to realise the dreams of all those of you who couldnt handle just the taste of aus lost message boards i gave you some time ago, and who have verily demanded i infiltrate their crazy message board. expect more subtle irony and carefully balanced satire as our lives progress toward the zerohour of 2010.

the goal is the following: lead the message board from behind to vastly misguided theories about the true nature of Dharma initiative them slam them with the all-too-truth imlostie style; finally, report it all back to the hud.

This stuff is pure gold: get pumped for lost message board action!

Mon May 14, 07:09:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

i better see somemore i'm lostie action.

Sat May 19, 01:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home