The New News

The New News from New York is this: Life is sweet in 1 of the 5 Boroughs. Josh and I are subletting a sweet place in Midtown East in Manhattan until he can move into his place on the 15th. So we've been having a good time, though J has just started working for real, and of course it's no fun starting out working for the man, but it'll improve in the next week or so.
So, Nina, I and Josh landed on the same day, in a hilarious bout of Nina and I missing our flight the previous day. This was the greatest thing that ever happened to us. We went to the Rooms for free after going the night previous and finding out that it closes at 5 on Mon. & Tue. So when we went on Wed? it was free. hahaha.
But the reason we missed the flight? Well, we were late. We got there about 35 mins. before the flight, knowing we might've missed it (this having happened to me before, I could basically care less), So, knowing this was all our faults (let's face it: it was mine), we arrive to an empty Continental desk. Not just "hey, let's wait around a minute, someone'll show" more like "we were out of here a while ago, losers" It was completely empty.
Anyway, long story short, we miss it, and then 3 (THREE!) chicks come down from upstairs wondering what all was going on... hahaha. what a load.
So, we got to fly out the next day. Pimp for us.
So, anyway, we all landed in EWR on the same day, which was grand. I'm shocked how much I like this city. It's monstrous: every turn yields an entirely different neighborhood and group of crowded streets and shops. After we dropped off our bags, we went walking by Josh's work, and wandered upon 5th Avenue and Central Park, then to FAO Schwarz (the famous toy store) to dance on the piano from the Tom Hanks movie (I'm lookin' at you, janesey), next, we were at the entrance to Trump Tower, where all the schmoes get kicked to the curb (everything is awesomely gold... gilded, i'd say), not to mention the flagship store for every designer and business in the world. Being here is retarded; you trace a bizarre line between your memory from movies, and the actual environs.
I won't go on, you get the idea. It's been overwhelmingly cool. Josh's place is gonna be really nice, and people have been really helpful, if moving quickly on packed sidewalks. Nina left a few days ago, after we tore through the town in search of Pale Male, ran through MOMA (UN-believable) and won a broadway lottery (which we subsequently gave away). And essentially because i can do it at this point in my life, I'm gonna hang on until the 21st and get Josh settled into his actual apartment. A Corollary of this is a huge bonus: Huddler Salama will be joining us! Boo-ya! Take that urban predatory bird!
*also, just added a link to the James Baird gallery where we were in search of Robert Clarke-Davis' photo exhibit. We missed it, but instead stumbled across an exhibit by Catherine Beaudette, and the artist actually setting up her work (the gallery- in Pouch Cove- is a weird friggin' place, but also wicked, y'know.) Her work takes a few mins. to acclimatize, but I think it's rewarding to go check it out for those in town.





















4 Comments:
Are you taking photographs? Pictures from the top of the rock would have been swell.
You were in town an extra day and didn't call me? We had a tropical party on Wednesday due to the tropical storm so you missed out. I can't believe you missed your flight and cared so little. This Christmas we should all get Luke a watch, that is we should each get him one so that he has like 10 that he must wear at all times.
Man, Cory, I can't believe you guys didn't call me.
It was obvious enough that i wasn't going to make that, or any other flight on time. I assumed you anticipated this.
How was the Tropical Storm Party?
- we didn't leave the airport 'till 11 am, went to the rooms, the post office, and went to home to sleep at 9pm. My great sadness that the party was missed.
Man, I love that watch idea: one for every occasion. see, that's why i don't mind being late: people are so willing to make allowances for your inadequacies- in this case, that includes buying me gifts!
Phil: that was our first day, and we actually didn't take our camera, haha. BUT, josh's friend did, so they'll be here soon.
I can't believe Miss Arielle will be there! Man I'm coming back!
AND a Tropical PARTY?! What! Why didn't I get a call?
Watch thing -- great idea
Post a Comment
<< Home