You probably uploaded the wrong ones from your iPhoto directory. The ones in the Modified directory have the modifications, while the ones from the Original directory don't!
say, the DTRT pic is labelled 1099.jpg, or whatever. When i search for that number, i get 3 files! man, iPhoto is have g-bage. So, i find the 1 of 3 that is obviously modified (looks brighter), and i still get what looks like the original. I even renamed it 1099a.jpg, and upload that one- no dice.
in the MOd. dir. does it label them w/ a diff. number?
i can't figure out why there are 3 in the first place! guessing original, modified and thumbnail. whatevs, man.
JPG images are a compressed format, so you don't actually have a map of all the information contained in the image in the file. As such, when you start changing the settings (e.g., making it brighter), the way you act on the data effectively creates unwanted "noise", or artefacts that shouldn't really exist. If you do too many transformations on the image, you can introduce all kinds of errors that you don't necessarily want. If you did that, wouldn't you want to be able to go back to the original? I would.
Also, don't rename anything, iPhoto is the one that is in the driver's seat. I'm pretty sure if you upload the right image it'll have the modifications as desired.
Man, only a few more weeks til I get my Macbook, and then I can be on the same page as all you other nerds.
Also, I was thinking about who has Macs and who doesn't. The list includes: Luke, Phil, Sue I think, Jill/Tom, Brad, Matthew, and soon to be me. It's going to be a MacParty on the Ibandwagon. Yeehaaw
11 Comments:
yeah, my touch-ups in iPhoto won't show up in these pics!?? i dunno what's up w/dat... the first one esp. is a lot brighter, and ergo, wickeder.
man, this blogger shit should just do the right thing, b'y.
You probably uploaded the wrong ones from your iPhoto directory. The ones in the Modified directory have the modifications, while the ones from the Original directory don't!
hrmmm... i dunno.
say, the DTRT pic is labelled 1099.jpg, or whatever. When i search for that number, i get 3 files! man, iPhoto is have g-bage. So, i find the 1 of 3 that is obviously modified (looks brighter), and i still get what looks like the original. I even renamed it 1099a.jpg, and upload that one- no dice.
in the MOd. dir. does it label them w/ a diff. number?
i can't figure out why there are 3 in the first place! guessing original, modified and thumbnail. whatevs, man.
It actually makes perfect sense.
JPG images are a compressed format, so you don't actually have a map of all the information contained in the image in the file. As such, when you start changing the settings (e.g., making it brighter), the way you act on the data effectively creates unwanted "noise", or artefacts that shouldn't really exist. If you do too many transformations on the image, you can introduce all kinds of errors that you don't necessarily want. If you did that, wouldn't you want to be able to go back to the original? I would.
Also, don't rename anything, iPhoto is the one that is in the driver's seat. I'm pretty sure if you upload the right image it'll have the modifications as desired.
i want the original, but i also want the mod!
Man, only a few more weeks til I get my Macbook, and then I can be on the same page as all you other nerds.
Also, I was thinking about who has Macs and who doesn't. The list includes: Luke, Phil, Sue I think, Jill/Tom, Brad, Matthew, and soon to be me. It's going to be a MacParty on the Ibandwagon. Yeehaaw
I got mac like Steve Jobs.
Tom do you have the new Common album? It's pretty awesome with sweet lines like above.
Cory, you got jobs like Steve Mac, am i right?
Of COURSE I have a Mac! C'mon, Jacob! And it's about time you got onboard, buddy. Good work.
dammit i don't have the new common album!
also, bad news cory, the disc that you burned for me didn't work! dammmit!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home