Thursday, May 22, 2008

Shilo Clark Penney, 1994-2008

It is with great sadness that I update this blog. I write to inform you all that the barking menace at the Penney residence passed away peacefully today at the vet's office. We discovered he had cancer in March, when a routine surgery to remove a fat lump proved that it was cancer instead. He did well for awhile but this past week he took a turn for the worse. We decided to not let him suffer and made an appointment to let him go today.

He is being cremated tomorrow and buried in our backyard. This is the first pet loss for me and I just wanted to let you all know as you have all hung with Shilo in the past years.

Rest in Peace little guy.


6 Comments:

Blogger Philip said...

:~(

Thu May 22, 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger Jaboc said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Sue. Shilo was a happy little dog who lived a wicked life (I'm sure you played a big part in that).

I recall when Shilo used to come over and visit Smithers back in the ol 101C days. Fond memories indeed.

RIP Shilo. We can all rest a little easier knowing that all dogs do indeed, go to heaven.

Fri May 23, 05:51:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

My condolences to the Penneys. . . That's a good old age though... how many in dog years?

Hopefully they'll get Jacob's doppleganger to plant a tree or some such adornment on his spot in the backyard!

Sat May 24, 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Student said...

Hey Sue, sorry to hear about Shilo. He was a dog with personality (and a sweet name). I hope your family isn't too upset about it...

Sat May 24, 12:21:00 AM  
Blogger jill said...

I'm very sorry to hear your news Sue. Shilo was a sweet little dog. If i was in toronto i would buy you some lillies...I remember when Skye died and you and Phil gave me some lillies...that made me feel alot better! Heres to doggie heaven!

Sat May 24, 03:13:00 AM  
Blogger WhiteLily said...

Thanks for the kind words! They cheer me up. We've had a hard couple of days, moreso my family because they're in the now slightly emptier house. Jill, thanks for the lily thought. I'd forgotten we'd given you some! Lilies are great!

*cuddles with Quidi a little more*

Sat May 24, 09:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home