Friday, June 06, 2008

Hockey Night In Canada

So the news in Canada the last few days has been about negotiations with the composer of the HNIC theme song and CBC. Apparently, a deal has been going back and forth for the past 13 months without much luck of a resolution. According to CBC evening news, the deal has fallen through and there will be no more HNIC theme as we know it.

:(

A contest will be opening up next week to Canadians to compose a theme song for the fall. The winner receives $100, 000 and royalties of the song will go to minor hockey. So all you musicians here, get writing!

Related Story

7 Comments:

Blogger Janezy said...

I've already started working on a song that I think has a chance on winning the competition. It goes to the tune of "Panama". The chorus is "Panama".

I call it "Panama".

Sat Jun 07, 02:35:00 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

Sounds like a sure-fire winner.

Sat Jun 07, 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Student said...

Good luck Janes! It sounds a little hacky, though.

Ps. Off to Nepal today, after we watch Sex and the City: The Movie. I'll give some spoilers asap.

Sat Jun 07, 11:01:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

jeez Tom, thanks for the update.

Jacob's doing a better job, even. And I don't think he's even seen S.I.T.C.

Sun Jun 08, 01:22:00 PM  
Blogger Jaboc said...

Oh it got released early in Albania actually. I don't want to ruin it or anything for anybody... but it's amazing.

P.S. Recycling doesn't exist here, so it's like living in the seventies. Finish a bottle of water... huck it straight into the garbage, then forget about it. It's so sweet. Littering is also a big thing, but I haven't been here long enough to enjoy that...yet.

Sun Jun 08, 06:38:00 PM  
Blogger brad. said...

Will they have envelopes small enough in Nepal to return your testicles to the man factory? It's obvious you won't be needing them after agreeing to watch Sex & The City: The Movie.

Sun Jun 08, 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger rowetisserie said...

pretty degrading

Mon Jun 09, 03:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home