Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Eastern Sea

One more band, as per our discussion below, one I forgot to mention. This time, from Austin, a band that seems actually talented and genuine at the same time. There are a lot of douchebag bands here. Right now they remind me of a cross between Arcade Fire and the Watchmen (much music circa 96?). They played Friday night, and it was sweet.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jaboc said...

Well the video was pretty boring, but the song was good.

May I suggest less of an arcade fire watchmen, and perhaps more of a modest mouse bright eyes?

Any one else with a comparison?

Mon Nov 17, 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger Jaboc said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Mon Nov 17, 02:23:00 PM  
Blogger jill said...

i say iron and wine/sun kill moon...hows that??

its nice though!

luke, your bro was telling me about some cheap way to call canada over the internet to a phone....not skype...he said you use it but i cant remember what it is....can you tell me?

Mon Nov 17, 07:01:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

See, Jacob, you had to go with 'boring,' how about 'introspective' ? I think the effect is neat, even if the topic is boring.

I'm definitely feeling the Bright Eyes comparison. I can't see the Modest Mouse one though.

Mon Nov 17, 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Jill, I definitely feel the Iron and Wine thing, and the sun kil moon too. Man, speaking of modest mouse, their modest mouse cover album is still one of my favorite records ever.

And, actually, Iron and Wine played an amazing set on Austin City Limits on PBS this weekend. I'll look for a copy online, but it might be hard to come by. They are absolutely amazing live. To the point where I'm pretty sure there's no one else, except radiohead, who I'd rather see.

OH>.... and the thing Josh was talking about is called rebtel. It is awesome, and cheap. REally convenient for cell phones, when skype's not around.

Speaking of which, 3 ways on skype are pretty sweet.

Mon Nov 17, 10:22:00 PM  
Blogger WhiteLily said...

Was it a three-way or a six-way? ;)

Major fun!

Mon Nov 17, 11:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home