They Call me Buck 65... I don't know why.
I'm just sitting here all maritimed-out digging me some Rich Terfry, aka Buck 65 on Radio 2 Drive. He is probably the best Disc Jock ever to spit into a microphone this early century.
I just heard him agree to a Pancake-Off with a 12 year old who wrote to disagree that Rich T made the best pancakes in the world "it's nothing fancy, it's all in the , uhh, technique" he says. So the girl sarcastically signs off with, "I live in Halifax, remember that place?" Rich proceeds to take her letter piece by piece until he's thoroughly chewed it up.
Halifax, he says "duh, it's where I'm from, I have family there... I'm there all the time." He showed her like nobody's business.
Oh, and he plays music that's actually good on the radio. Almost makes me want to to like the new CBC 2, almost. Tom Power is pretty sweet too, have people heard him on Deep Roots?
Plus, everyone knows how Matthew now has that quasi-maritimed speech pattern which is sweet like the bomb? So does Buck 65. That makes both M. Rowe and B. 65 cool, or maybe just one of them as they cancel each other out.
Back to quasi-work.
I just heard him agree to a Pancake-Off with a 12 year old who wrote to disagree that Rich T made the best pancakes in the world "it's nothing fancy, it's all in the , uhh, technique" he says. So the girl sarcastically signs off with, "I live in Halifax, remember that place?" Rich proceeds to take her letter piece by piece until he's thoroughly chewed it up.
Halifax, he says "duh, it's where I'm from, I have family there... I'm there all the time." He showed her like nobody's business.
Oh, and he plays music that's actually good on the radio. Almost makes me want to to like the new CBC 2, almost. Tom Power is pretty sweet too, have people heard him on Deep Roots?
Plus, everyone knows how Matthew now has that quasi-maritimed speech pattern which is sweet like the bomb? So does Buck 65. That makes both M. Rowe and B. 65 cool, or maybe just one of them as they cancel each other out.
Back to quasi-work.





















2 Comments:
Jeez Luke, a bit early in the day to be hitting the sauce isn't it? What's your beef with the new radio 2, haven't they just gone to more music...or is that radio 3? Whatever, thank God I'm a radio 1 man myself.
Matthew with New Brunny speech inflection? Now I've heard everything!
Post a Comment
<< Home