Monday, August 24, 2009

Distrinct 9




So I'm assuming everyone's already been to see this. Am I right? I wanna go see it and Inglourious Basterds --- anyone seen both? Because I want my fun front-loaded.

12 Comments:

Blogger Coco butter said...

My vote would be District 9. I'm surprised by how confindent I am in that assertion given that I haven't seen either.

Mon Aug 24, 07:39:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

Well, District 9 was pretty damn good. See it first, because Inglorious Basterds is great.

Tue Aug 25, 07:56:00 PM  
Blogger Jaboc said...

Both amazing. I was glad that I managed to squeeze in all the major films from the summer, Bastards being the last.

It was a great summer for movies though. Between these two films, Star Trek, Up, and I'm sure there are a few that I'm forgetting... I'd say it was a pretty good summer yes sir.

Now it's a countdown for Avatar... has everyone seen the teaser trailer yet? Sick.

Thu Aug 27, 05:14:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Cocobros, i really like both of those suggestions because they both bring equally valid points.


Seeing IBs on Saturday, I do believe.

Thu Aug 27, 06:13:00 PM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

***********SPOILER ALERT***********

D-9 was good, perhaps very good. I think I'd give it a 76 (out of 98). It didn't do anything poorly but it lacked focus and instead of going in depth into one aspect of what would happen if aliens lived here it just touched briefly on all the things that might happen. If I were to compare it to G.I.Joe (which is my new benchmark for awesome movies) I would say that while all the plot points of Joe were ridiculous, at least they were clearly over the top ridiculous. Everything in D9 was believable enough EXCEPT: I can believe the aliens would be working on a weapon that would turn humans into prawns, I can believe they would be working on fuel for their ship but for those two things to be the exact same substance is absolutely preposterous! Sure, maybe intergalactic fuel would disfigure or mutate you but for it to turn you into one of the creatures who created the fuel is stupid.

Sat Aug 29, 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

I couldn't read that last comment yet (thanks for the excellent spoiler alert, Coco), BUT, I have to report that Inglourious Basterds is a wild and amazing ride.

I'm pretty sure it's Tarantino's best movie (Pulp fiction and KB1 will always have a certain appeal), but man, it is all over the place, really smart, and surprisingly tense in parts.

Fourteen Stars*

Sat Aug 29, 10:31:00 PM  
Blogger jill said...

i fell asleep at district 9

Wed Sep 02, 09:10:00 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

I thought the scene in the projector room with Shosh and Fred was painfully over-Tarantino'd, but otherwise full points for a totally enjoyable movie. I didn't love Pitt's character, but he didn't ruin anything, and the Jew Hunter more than made up for it by being so weird and wonderful.

I also got to watch it with Janesy, which makes everything better.

Wed Sep 02, 03:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jaboc said...

Jane Z Janes! Tell him that I both miss him and love him.

Sat Sep 05, 01:31:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Jacob, it sounds like you were drunk-typing that comment from some Albanian mountain "punch" . . . I love it.

Oh wait, muslim country . . . I guess they don't do much drinking over there? Wait, I know absolutely nothing about it!

Sun Sep 06, 03:41:00 PM  
Blogger Jaboc said...

The worlds first atheist state.

Albania represent.

I was only drunk on the my love of Jane Z

Tue Sep 08, 01:38:00 PM  
Blogger Janezy said...

I love you too Jacob.

But not as much as I love JaynZ.

Fri Sep 11, 12:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home