Saturday, May 27, 2006

Aussie say what?

Is Australia an Island or Continent? Which the fuck is it? I need to know for the purposes of a very small wager (a bottle of Lysol: don't ask).

As far as I'm concerned, Tom and Jill should know this, and just about every other basic fact about their new home. They've been living there for what... months? Aussie Aussie Aussie -Oy Oy Oy!

The debate: I've heard both, but I figure if it's a continent, then it can't be considered an island, and vise-versa. Otherwise, North America's looking pretty "continenty" to me. yeah?

16 Comments:

Blogger Philip said...

Unless {random australian author that Crosbie is interested in for unknown reasons} wrote about whether it is an island or not, I suspect he has no idea.

Zim!

Sat May 27, 05:03:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

Oh, and I vote not an island, because it is a continent. The only dicey part is that the other continents seem to be attached to other continents in some fashion, but I still think continent means it can't be an island, since as you said, the Americas are an island if we are going to get right down to it, as is eurasaiafrica.

Sat May 27, 05:12:00 PM  
Blogger jill said...

yea I have no idea about this either...but you definately hear alot here that australia is the biggest island in the world...maybe it has soemthing to do with not being connected to a polar region, but then i guess that also rules out greenland, the other biggest island in the world. i dont know, the island issue is strange, but its definately its own continent, since its so freaky.
ps. on wednesday we're going to Adelaide in south australia, which I like to think of as the halifax of australia...Tom is very excited.

Sat May 27, 09:56:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

I thought Tom hated Halifax :)

Sat May 27, 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

how do you define a place as the Halifax of _______?

My guess: find the shittiest, most overrated/conservative/culturally bereft city in an economically depressed and geographically isolated area of the country of _________???

BINGO!!!

Sun May 28, 12:08:00 AM  
Blogger Student said...

i think halifax loving blogbuddy mrjr's head just exploded with that insightful bitchslap. halifax su"x"! aight.

sorry mr jr.

Sun May 28, 01:38:00 AM  
Blogger Student said...

as for the bottle of listerine, if it's brown, chug it down, BUT if it's blue, what to do?

i'm out of answers... what would patrick white say?

maybe i should ask the optical tweezers...

Sun May 28, 01:40:00 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

According to my mate in Sydney, Aussie IS an island! :D

Sun May 28, 02:20:00 AM  
Blogger Janezy said...

After a quick Google, I came across this.

A bit of a yawner for me, but I'm sure at least Jaboc will find it masturbatorially invigorating.

Also, Halifax blows.

Janezy

Sun May 28, 06:36:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Tom, that was a sweet burn...

Mr. Jr.'s connection to the 'Fax is weak at best... so pleased to hear the huddle is pretty united in a dislike of that place.

Sue: that's what they want you to think! All those freaking aussie's "yeah, it's an island.... and also a continent!" Whatever, that's a load of shit... pick a side.

and janes: yeah, i saw that link too... i figure it's a bit of crap. Unique cultures? I guess Quebec is an island. Everyman is an island... ain't it the truth.

Sun May 28, 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

Optical tweezers is an island.

Sun May 28, 11:24:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

what is janezgamer's link on to when it says greenland doesn't have a unique culture?? greenland clearly has the freakiest culture going. that's obvious... let me summarize: greenland is freaky. and it clearly has its own culture. what's wrong with people???

Mon May 29, 12:23:00 AM  
Blogger Student said...

according to that guy's article, greenland is an island because it has the same culture as north america. that don't make no sense!! this is literally the worst link i've ever seen, thank you for the mental violence janezgamer...

Mon May 29, 12:28:00 AM  
Blogger Student said...

ps my ridiculous quebecois roomates in france thought "america" was one continent, because it was all connected, and that antarctica wasn't a continent, and had little to say when I pointed out their crappy arguments....

Mon May 29, 12:32:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Phil: BAHAhahahahaha !!!!


Criz: sweet comments on all fronts. Janzegammer- we are owed a better link. puuuhhhlease. yeah.

And quebecois? whatevuck theyve obviously never heard of a little thing called.....

dun duh dunnnnn

The Panama Canal! uh huh.

Mon May 29, 01:42:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

hhaahah.... what do you think it'd be like to go to school in Quebec? like highschool... bootarted, or wicked?

Mon May 29, 01:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home