Monday, May 15, 2006

Running...To the Extreme!!!

This is the next big thing. It's so cool, I can't possibly give it justice in written word. That would be hypocrisy, heresy, idolatry- in short they would come after me (in an extreme-running kind of way)!

If by now, you have not guessed what I'm talking about- I barely dare unearth its name. But here it is...

PARCOURS.

That's right. It's a fancy french word that somehow has made its way to fools with video cameras.
The goal is essentially to blend in with the urban environment in an acrobatic sort of way- basically running and jumping over stairs, benches and other obstacles in an effort to look cool. Transcendent? Maybe.

Apparently, I'm finding out, it's been Aglicised and is actually spelt "Parkour." The poor French can't get a break. It's also called "Free-Running."
And for a much more indepth analysis, head on over to the definition of the "movement."

Did I mention I desperately want a pair of "roller shoes"? I'm sure that would be frowned on by the Parkour...ers. So this is the next big thing. Parkours: It's what's new. Agree?

Alons-y!

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

This is old news! WHERE have you been!? *snores*

Just kidding, Luke. :P It's a pretty cool (and crazy) thing alright! It's amazing to watch people doing it!

Mon May 15, 09:03:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

yeah, it's wack. They're sweet.

and ironically, was watching the Today show thismorning, and what do you see, but a feature on the upcoming anti-sport of Parkours!

that's right baby, i'm cutting edge.... ohhhhh yeah.

the guys actually hum the Mission Impossible Theme when they go. pretty schweet.

and they made the host climb a 30 foot scaffold. schweeter.

Tue May 16, 12:35:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Well, this is freestyle running. That's right- walking is for suckas. (Any link to their video/site?)

No idea when I'm coming home- I'm gonna try for early July for the Wedding, and to stay for a 3 weeks or so.... I hope!!!! Maybe longer... we'll see! I'm going to summmer school in June (I think)... and I'm going to be a radio DJ on campus! so lots on the go, righ?

are you gonna be around J-dawg?

and how did your short turn out, btw??!?!? Laura said she saw it, and it was great!

Sat May 20, 07:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home