New York, New York!
I spent the weekend in NYC, having bussed down from Toronto. I checked out Times Square, Broadway, and a Melanie C. (Sporty Spice) gig! It was an awesome trip and I'd love to go back for a longer visit. Some exciting tidbits:
*I brought back a "black and white" cookie, inspired by Seinfeld!
*We hit a snowstorm on the highway, 30 miles outside of Buffalo. That was a bit scary but we made it to Buffalo after very slow and careful driving!
*The US border guards wouldn't let me bring grapes into the country and confiscated them!
*The Canadian border guards didn't even search our bags.
*A drunk, black man sat next to me on the bus going home, chatting to his "dog" on his cell and bitching to his "dog" about "bitches", "chicks", and how he owed him a favour for leaving him "chillin' in ma crib with them bitches!"
*I found a new seat after two attempts: first attempt was a black dude asking me if there wasn't any other place I could sit and second attempt was a white woman telling me that moving her bag would be a bitch to do. :S
PICTURES!
Times Square:

Broadway signs:

The gig location:

Front row!!:

Melanie C:
*I brought back a "black and white" cookie, inspired by Seinfeld!
*We hit a snowstorm on the highway, 30 miles outside of Buffalo. That was a bit scary but we made it to Buffalo after very slow and careful driving!
*The US border guards wouldn't let me bring grapes into the country and confiscated them!
*The Canadian border guards didn't even search our bags.
*A drunk, black man sat next to me on the bus going home, chatting to his "dog" on his cell and bitching to his "dog" about "bitches", "chicks", and how he owed him a favour for leaving him "chillin' in ma crib with them bitches!"
*I found a new seat after two attempts: first attempt was a black dude asking me if there wasn't any other place I could sit and second attempt was a white woman telling me that moving her bag would be a bitch to do. :S
PICTURES!
Times Square:

Broadway signs:

The gig location:

Front row!!:

Melanie C:





















14 Comments:
And where was Phil during all this? I want more details on downtown Buffalo. Did you get any wings?
I was (and am!) studying for my Last. Midterm. EVER! which occurs 11am, February the 12th.
Buffalo is certainly the greatest of places-- but where's the enthusiasm Kerri was promising? Dang, disappointed again: disappointing!
Then again the Mel C post was non-disappointing: so was this a big show?
a follow-up to my last comment:
I haven't myself been to Buffalo, but you know it's sweet.
I am more interested in the story of the black and white cookie, however. So what's it all about: one side chocolate, one side????
Also, what's luke's deal these days? He got some type of job or apartment or what? Take him in will you phil and put him to work in your lab, tweasing some shit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_and_white_cookie
"The black and white cookie is often seen as a peculiarly "New York" snack, cemented by its appearance in the Seinfeld episode "The Dinner Party", in which Jerry Seinfeld bases his philosophy of race relations on the cookie, saying "look to the cookie.""
Buffalo is probably excellent (slash a total shithole), particularly when you know about their amazing art deco city hall. Google for that shiz.
And between you and me (and everyone else, including Luke), I don't twease no mo!
Any news from the ol' grad schools? I heard back from U of T on March 4th of last year, so I suspect you've got a month of anticipation to go.
I was just waiting until something interesting happened to me before I made my inaugural post! Wouldn't you prefer that to something boring and half-assed?
Also, don't hold your breath. Nothing interesting ever happens to me. I may have to just make something up. Ha!
i thought with that post we could all finally air our real feelings about non-whites. instead inane comments concerning equality promoting cookies and delicious buffalo wings.
susan, don't let the other take away from the true tone of your post: hardcore skinhead racism!
keep it white!
lol No racism here! I was snubbed by both! Let's see, I was in Buffalo for two hours in the bus terminal but alas no wings. As for the Melanie show, there was 1200 tickets for sale but I don't think she sold out. Baby, Scary, and Ginger came, by the way, to watch her from the balcony. The place went crazy!
In case anyone wants a video, here's one from youtube. I was just in front of this person. It's a song that was huge in Germany and Melanie didn't figure we'd know the song, hence her surprise in the vid. Enjoy!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yR0OBl4k1FM
damn those black people and their bitches, cribs, hoes,etc.
am i right?
Sweet quotes!!! I can't believe those people were such a$$holes! wait, I guess i can.
Reason grapes are refused entry from ex-british colonies? Probability of Red Back spiders. (high.)
Reason phil needs not "work" with tweasers anymore? Recent purchase of Swedish Penis Enlarger a great success.
!zing!
@TC: Yeah, they have me holed up in some school for a few weeks here to teach some yungins writin skillz. (It's not working well.) But bitch, bitch, I will not. The money is good, even if the day is not!
Boo-ya.
Man, i'd prefer tweasing to this though.
Half those comments don't make a tit of sense-- I blame laziness for the decline in proof-reading.
Now, here's a solid goddang comment:
Mel C and Chyna Doll = same person. Sue's video is entered as evidence.
Phil, you may claim to be working on squid eyes, but no one in the history of the world would freely elect to abandon a career developing TRACTOR BEAMS for one involving SQUID EYES. Ergo, you are still secretly working on the tweasers.
@M. daddy rowe:
did you see Tim +the boys this weekend at the ecmas?
i did not have the pleasure of seeing them perform due to athletic responsibilities, but i did snag a 1-on-1 interview with Tim Baker at the after-party on Sunday night.
Was Tim pissed about the ECMA results? Well, as Susan would put it: "Do nigs like chrome?"
Post a Comment
<< Home