Thursday, March 20, 2008

leonard cohen disaster

So, me poor parents are out of magic leonard-cohen dust: tickets went on sale today for his show on May 26th at Holy Heart, and evidently sold out in minutes. So they opened up TWO MORE SHOWS on May 27th, and 28th, and mom lost out online and on the phone. Devastation for them. Friends of ours lined up for several hours in order to get tickets and got some, enough for their family, so i guess that was the only real way to do it.

Fair is fair, but the rub is that they were evidently competing against Euros and others scattered all over the globe, not to mention some turd is already selling them on the Newfoundland craigslist. What a bummer. Maybe he'll come to Texas.

Anyone else have luck?

7 Comments:

Blogger Janezy said...

Janes: Hey Mom, did you hear Leonard Cohen will be in St. John's this May?

Mrs. Fart: Yeah, I heard...we're not going, though.

Janez: Whaaaaaaaa??? Don't you go to the LC tribute show every year? I thought you like his music!

Mrs. Farts: Yes. I like his music...but....his voice...

Jayne-Z: Are you shittin' me??

Fartz: Watch your language.

J: **facepalm**

Thu Mar 20, 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

I love this comment.

Thu Mar 20, 03:04:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

haha. . . FACEPALM. . .

best HH play-dialogue ever.

I also like that Mrs. Fart becomes Mrs. Farts, and finally, simply "Fartz."

Thu Mar 20, 04:33:00 PM  
Blogger WhiteLily said...

LOL Janesy, that's exactly what my parents said! "Do I really want to spend $70 to hear him SING?" So they're not going either. :p

Thu Mar 20, 11:11:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

that dialogue was all too evocative...

Sat Mar 22, 04:56:00 AM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

Agreed, Jayne-Z should watch his language. I'd be afraid LoCo would die on stage. I was gonna get tickets, I should have put more effort into it I guess. Although, at least I didn't waste time trying like the Q's. You should be happy Luke, a penny saved by your parents is another penny left to you in their will.

Sat Mar 22, 08:01:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

CocoB, you sound like Josh, sheesh.

Sun Mar 23, 12:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home