Dreams and Jobs
I'm not sure if this really deserves a post, but I thought it was pretty amusing. I had a funny dream the other night about our friend Luke Q. In this dream we were in a candy shop in Austin, and I was picking out some black licorice. Luke picked out a novelty sized plastic acorn that had been dipped in sprinkles. He was going to eat dinner that night at Michael Winter's house, who you may all know as a favorite writer of Luke. He wanted to make the acorn into a centre piece to give to Michael W so he attached a black rose to the top of the acorn and dipped the whole thing in sparkles. He was very pleased with his center piece. I was laughing when I woke up!
Also, I got a job working for the City of New York in the parks department making maps of all of the city parks :D I'm starting next monday and will move to the city by the summertime, and split my time between New Haven and there. I'm very excited!! The office is in Central Park, which makes it extra sweet! Make your plans to visit NYC soon, because everyone keeps telling me that I'm not going to last long in that city :o





















6 Comments:
Congrats on the job and on the excellent dream. It proves what I always say, need to make a good impression? Sparkles sparkles sparkles!!! I hope you remember that when you start your new job Jill, otherwise that city will eat you alive.
The way to avoid being eaten alive in the city is to offer it a huge fucking acorn with sparkles all over it instead. Luke Q. must have passed that information along to Josh, which is why he is now doing so well.
Good job on the job Jill! Now Tom only gets to complain about where your job is, not that you don't have one. :)
I wish that dream was coming true right now!!! It's the culmination of so many things I like, arriving together at once. Mostly, the sparkles.
When I finally meet M. Winter and get to pick his brain, I'll relay this hilarious sparkled acorn story and we'll laugh heartily.
But I do have a question:
do you think that was an edible sparkle acorn or just decorative?
the acorn was plastic...not edible, but the sprinkles on it were edible. the rose and the sparkles were also not edible. confusing. i had a dream last night that i was on a flight from aus to North america somewhere and all of the characters from lost got on the flight. jacob was there, and he got to sit next to sayid and i was jealous. maybe i should start my own dream blog
Luke you sonnofabitch, that picture was going to be the banner on MY dreamblog, DykesOnMikes.blogger.com
hrmmmm......
Post a Comment
<< Home