Monday, April 10, 2006

First Quarter Report: YOJ

It’s been a while since my last post, and I know many of you stockholders out there are anxiously waiting for reports about the first quarter. Well, from Jan to March I continued looking for work and assessing my options. This basically broke down into me essetialy doing nothing/being really cool (see comic) while living quite well off of the Government of Canada (Suckers). As exciting as that sounds, it was probably the most boring time of my life to date.



But my situation quickly changed when a Mr. Timothy Baker made an exciting purchase of one house, and offered me a room. With the then desperate desire for “something…. ANYTHING!!” new to spice up my bland existence, I immediately accepted. But my luck never ran out there. Because not three full days after moving in I had received a call for a second interview, where I was given the job immediately (It’s a summer internship position with the Geological Survey, a branch of Natural Resources Canada).

So although the year of Jacob got off to a slow start, the summer is looking much better. After the position is finished I am thinking about going back to school to either pursue more Geomatics or perhaps an Earth Sciences degree. But for now I am just going to focus on my current position and enjoy the fuck out of St. John’s in the summer while living at the new Party Capital of Newfoundland and Labrador. Speaking of which, I do hope that all of you who are living away can have a chance to come home for a visit. I promise to have a bbq on behalf of everyone who does return. Plus I’m dying for some TPB trips, camping, swimming, and Frisbee action. So hurry up!

That’s just about it for me.
Take care!
Jake

P.S. This is probably a good time to determine who IS coming home and when. I’ll post some pics of the house, etc. later.

8 Comments:

Blogger Coco butter said...

Many of you have already seen the house since I am now certain that it is the same house that Luke housesat a few summers ago. Luke do you remember the address of that house? Tom and Phil should remember since it was the scene of a great embarrassment for them, and a great victory for myself and Matthew. Luke and Nina probably have some memories there too, but that's unimportant. Meanwhile, my mission of sabotaging the YOJ are going well and I look to step up my efforts in the current quarter (i.e. puke on his bed, regularly). On another note, Jacob did not live off the Government of Canada, but off of those who've worked in Canada and who have contributed to the EI fund. This fund has a multi-billion dollar surplus (thanks to high premiums) and is only used for the EI program. Most people, presumably everyone here, will end up paying much more into it than they will ever take out and thus that makes YOU the sucker if you don't collect it at some point.

Mon Apr 10, 02:06:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

SHUT UP- MAN! So, is that the HOUSE?

That house is AMAZING>right on Lemarchant Rd. Just up from... Bennett? Rd.
I don't remember the address- and i'm looking at the map.. I think it was something around 291? About 4 houses or so West of Bennett (up from the fire house).

it has a beautiful deck- all hardwood inside, amazing staircase, and great kitchen.

I think it's pinkish siding out front. Watch that screen door this summer- It's real glass- I should know, because I broke it. And replaced it. yes sir.

Weird- I hope that's the house- I have pictures of that house on Nina's fridge! hahaha...

Sweet update, Jaboc! Long live the YOJ!

*Note- I'm planning on going home sometime in July, I hope, after a bit of summer school... do you guys need a temporary roomate? hahahah...

Mon Apr 10, 04:26:00 PM  
Blogger jill said...

Way to go Jacob...a house and a job...your life is complete!

Is it a field job or an office job??

And I wont be home this summer :( maybe next summer...we'll see.

Mon Apr 10, 09:18:00 PM  
Blogger Jaboc said...

Yeah the house is kick ass. Really nice. Hard and softwood everywhere. A mantle in the master bedroom. One of those cool oldtimey bathtubs with the legs. Huge back deck. It'll blow my mind if its the same house you house sat. 293, 6 houses from bennett.

Too bad you aren't coming Jill, we'll all miss you. Is TCrizz coming? My job is in the office, but I have couple of weeks of field work aswell in July. Best of both worlds!

cory, you're some smart ass.

Mon Apr 10, 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Mon Apr 10, 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Philip and I are coming home. We're leaving here around July 5th and going to Montreal for a few days first. So expect us around the 8th or 9th of July and for two weeks after that.

And if that's the Luke house, didn't I know the little boy in it? Will or something? I remember that house!

Tue Apr 11, 12:45:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

yeah, righton!

So, Jacob, is it Pink? like siding in the front... small drive way, and the house slightly crooked to the street?

I hope so.

Tue Apr 11, 06:53:00 PM  
Blogger Student said...

SUBJ: Freaky Fridays

Man, that house was sweet. It's also where "we" first learnt about the trials and tribulations of the caterpillar plague. Twas joyous indeed, and secretly Philbot and I had a side bet who was the bigger douche, my coco bro cory or matthew. It turned out they were both equal in that regard and phil and i treated each other to a nice feed of east side marios (if memory serves). So who cares we lost your bet? Our bet had real significance.

ps: Those were in the equally trying and tribulating days of "country lectures", which didn't exactly materialize.... but maybe in July we could have a symposium?

Thu Apr 13, 11:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home