Sunday, May 07, 2006

Headin' to the T-Dot

Greetings Ladies,

Well, it's that "road trip" time of year again, so I decided to make it a big one this year. So, after much consideration, I decided I'd drive to Toronto! Yep, gonna visit my sis in the 'ol T-Dot...

So here's the plan: Leaving tomorrow afternoon and spending the night in Lewisporte with a friend of mine. Driving to the Port-aux-Basque Ferry for the Monday Night Trip, and pretty much drive as far as I can through Nova Scotia/New Brunswick on Tuesday. Wednesday we'll make the rest of the journey, and then spend that night and Thursday at my friends' place in Toronto, then head out to their cottage in Muskoka for the weekend. Back to Toronto on Monday, where I'll stay with my sister until Sunday night, the 21st, when I'll fly back to the Rock.

SO.....the billion-dollar question is.....

what's a brother to do in toronto? I have some ideas....I'm already going to a comedy club a couple nights to see my sister's friend perform (who's from the Goulds, by the way). Hangin' out with another friend of mine who's living in Toronto for a night or two. Anyways, if anybody has some suggestions for a show to see or something, let me know. I'm currently thinking either the Lord of the Rings musical (hopefully it wo'nt be TOO "musically" - the less singing the better) and checking out Blue Man Group.

So make with the ideas, now.....

Mike "Crosbert" Janes

4 Comments:

Blogger Philip said...

SO.....the billion-dollar question is.....

what's a brother to do in toronto?


Any suggestions for what an afro-canadian male should do in Toronto will be irrelevant to you, Janes.......

;)

Sun May 07, 03:23:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

you should go to the CN tower.


(i hear it's the world's tallest free-standing building)

plus+ are you leaving the car in T-Dot.?
Who are said "friends"?
too bad both Matthew Jr. and Arielle are not gonna be at their respective homes.

Sun May 07, 05:17:00 AM  
Blogger Student said...

http://www.rotate.com/tickets.php

that's some pretty inclusive ticket listings. xavier rudd is an australian schlomo that jill likes, you might too! he plays the didg bro..... lots of 'em--AT ONCE!!! there are other possibly good bands that you might want to look up on allmusic or pitchforkmedia to see if you'd possibly enjoy it.......

boo yah.

If you want some guys on the downlo, go to the caribbean club bar place that's on bloor and bathurst corner, directly across from honest ed's.

and go to the grocery store one block west of that to enjoy the atmosphere of "THE VILLAGE MARKET": (where i used to work).

Sun May 07, 06:06:00 AM  
Blogger Student said...

Ps: To clarify, I gave Janezie the right to use the ancient crizbird title "Crosbird" after he passed the first stage of initiation.

Feel free to call him Crosbird.

Sun May 07, 06:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home