Sunday, May 28, 2006

that is a sweet burn, you might say...


I've been blogging a lot lately, but here's some more from Roger Ebert's answers to letters:

Q. I'm always amazed at the irrational nature of the debate on medical care. In your review of "The Death of Mr. Lazarescu," you state, "At least in Romania he is not asked for his insurance company, and he has a theoretical right to free medical care." In the next sentence you quote a Romanian doctor who discusses the horrible condition of medical care in his country. Isn't it obvious that when something is "free" for everyone, it will be inadequate for everyone? Do people get left behind in a medical system that involves free enterprise? Of course they do. But when you have a system where personal responsibility plays no part, you certainly get the system you deserve. I for one am glad that I get asked for proof of insurance when I show up at a hospital. It annoys me that people who cannot do so get treated at my expense anyway.

Jeff Grant, Centreville, Va.

A. The hospitals are always looking for volunteers. Maybe you could help them turn away sick poor people.


That, you might say, is a sweet burn. Sweet like a picture of honey on hard bread {above} Freaking Americans. . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Janezy said...

what works best here...a "Zing!" or a "Bam!"?

I'm going with "Bam!"..."Zing" is too clichéd for such a high quality burn...

Mon May 29, 03:05:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

evenin' janesey.

I prefer Bam! though, any combo will do. how about Bamaroo!!!! or BamdiddlyZing!!!!!!

Mon May 29, 03:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home