Friday, April 25, 2008

I'se yer father

If you haven't heard yet of the Dance Party of Newfoundland, you lose.  BUT, you win, by listening to the clip displayed here.

click on the second one down "Dave Sullivan doing classical movies, in Newfoundland dialect."  
Hint:  the first one's from Star Wars.  It gives me many a hearty laugh, even on the 6th listen.

7 Comments:

Blogger Invisible Shield said...

did anyone listen to this, er wha?

Sun Apr 27, 10:55:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

I didn't much like it.

Sun Apr 27, 11:23:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

But, Phil, I would expect nothing less from you :)

Mon Apr 28, 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

heh

Mon Apr 28, 02:36:00 PM  
Blogger Hin-chay said...

Like anything it's hit or miss -- some lines were pretty funny. There are definitely people who more or less talk that, though with 360 dialects or whatever we're supposed to have its likely that some people won't think it accurate.

Tue Apr 29, 08:06:00 AM  
Blogger Hin-chay said...

err... it's likely.

Tue Apr 29, 08:07:00 AM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

good point you raise, Hinchey.

I'm not sure what it was that Phil found un-funny, he would have to respond. I'm not sure that it was the accent. I think he's just a little grumpy :)

As for the accent, if you know anyone from Port-aux-Basques, or that area of the West Coast, you know that every hint of his accent was hilariously accurate.

I guess that goes with the concern that it was somehow disparaging to Newfoundlanders? I can't imagine why in any way. If we can't laugh at ourselves. . . the emperor has won.

Tue Apr 29, 11:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home