ASTNST
Some Austin news to pass on—I got hired a few weeks ago to start writing for the city-site, the Austinist. Got a few posts under my belt, and will be writing for the Film section, with a bit of News, and Books. Of course it's not a real job, as the pay is limited to pints at meetings, burgers at excursions, and other non-money-type payments. But it's a good way to practice my writing chops and hang out with hipsters. Nah, they're actually allright.Also, Central Texas is in the middle of an early summer heat wave. Hooray. I hear St. John's is getting dece weather now. What was an amazing spring here has turned into the 3rd hottest June on record. 6 more days of 100+ and it's the hottest since 1925. Progress!





















14 Comments:
Real temperature units, please.
Bah. When you start to refer to the weather strictly in Kelvin, let me know.
"It's 310 degrees outside!!!!!!!!!"
A least the conversion from Kelvin makes sense.
If the goal is to speak to a bunch of other canadians about the weather, you could at least use the units that canadians are familiar with. :)
Sweet use of that Threadless shirt image in the honda article tho!
Ah, Philipe, our most ardent critic. (besides Cory, enemy of all humanity.)
Now, Phil, you know that's not the goal. There is no goal that I'm aware of, besides yammerin'. And in this case, describing the weather as HOT. Luckily, Canadians & Newfoundlanders understand both scales (probably thanks to Florida vacations). . . though I'm not sure about yourself, right now! The weather record is in Fahrenheit, not Celsius, and I think I can speak for everyone when I say the obvious: I'm faaaarrrr too lazy to do any sort of conversion.
Kerri, I have no idea what you're saying there... :)
IN other news:
Yeah, flickr is the perfect way of finding images. And I do like that threadless shirt, and of course, back to the future. Though we have to look for Creative Commons licenses that we can put up. Otherwise... they'll either complain, and they'll have to take it down, or they might sue for $$$.
Do you have a mac? You can get a great temperature conversion widget for easy use! :P
I am also disappointed in your use of units, Luke. tsk tsk
Awesome deal with payments! I'll check out some articles when this thing called report cards is finally done.
Hehe, yeah, it's true, they could pay absolutely nothing and get away with it! So, I'll gladly be paid in pints. As, I would assume, most of us would. :)
Sue—good luck on report cards and the last few days *shudder* hahaha. So, for some reason I thought you were in a position that would not require the writing of the dreaded report cards! Any news on that front for next year???
I didn't have to write Term Two reports as I wasn't there long enough to really know the kids. I had to do Term Three ones though!
Next year will begin as supplying as too many surplus permanent teachers meant that they got the long term occasional positions (including the one I was supposed to get).
How about you?
How hard could it be to write report cards for elementary students. If they don't shit themselves give them A's. But don't fail the shitters, you don't want to put up with that again, give them C's. FYI Luke, fahrenheit is for faggots, I'm sure Hinchey would agree.
Pfft! No one said they were hard! They're time-consuming, especially the comments. For example:
"Cory is beginning to develop his addition and subtraction skills and shows interest in all Science activities, especially during the Temperature Unit. He is being encouraged to ease up on the sarcasm and to continue practising tying his own shoes. Cory exhibits great spelling skills and writing technique. Have a great summer, Cory, and good luck in Grade One!"
:P
You were a little lenient on the fact that cory shits himself, sue.
This just in:
A three-legged, one-eyed, cancer-afflicted dog named Gus has been crowned the World's Ugliest Dog at a fair in California.
Gus, a Chinese Crested dog, beat allcomers to take the title at the Sonoma-Marin Fair.
Owner Jeanenne Teed, from Florida, said she would spend the $1,600 prize on treatment for Gus's skin cancer. (!!)
The competition has been running for 20 years, and is one of the fair's top attractions, organisers said.
Vicki DeArmon, marketing director of the fair, said that in the past few years, winners had been dogs that had been abandoned or neglected before being adopted by dog-lovers.
Jeanenne Teed and Gus
In pictures: Ugliest dog contest
"They may look hard to love, but apparently they are not. I've never seen dogs better cared for," she added.
Gus was rescued from a bad home.
One of his legs was amputated as a consequence of his skin tumour.
He lost an eye to a tomcat in a fight.
--
His courage is quite inspiring!
Agreed--fahrenheit for faggots.
Sorry Luke, looks like the Huddle has spoken.
Post a Comment
<< Home