Thursday, July 10, 2008

So most of us will be in town soon...

I got in off the ferry last thursday and getting myself settled away. I hear Tom's back on the 13th, and I believe Jill will be arriving shortly thereafter? I have no idea when/if Luke and Nina are going to be in town for the summer. Same goes for Phil/Sue. Jacob's a no-show, so screw him. Unless I missed someone, which I probably have, everybody else is currently in St. John's.

So the question is, when are we going to see The Dark Knight? I bought my ticket already...in the form of a 10-dollar theatre voucher obtained inside a special Batman Begins DVD set. All I need is a date to use it. Oh yeah, it also came with a 128mb flash card with special content related to the new movie, as well as loads of preview content on the DVD itself...but I can't decide if I should watch any of it, lest I lessen the awesomeness of seeing the actual movie for the first time - which is going to be pretty friggin' awesome.

Movie opens on the 16th...tickets on sale yet?

19 Comments:

Blogger WhiteLily said...

I'm not going to be coming home this summer but perhaps at Christmas! My summer Huddle gathering will consist of Tom, Arielle, and Philip this weekend. Have fun at da movies!

P.S. Janezy, did the birthday card make it to your parents' place?

Thu Jul 10, 01:03:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Man, Jacob's in for a rude surprise half way through this post. He doesn't even want to know about the existence of any sort of preview, or memory stick. He's probably staring at his computer now, ears plugged, speaking gibberish.

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to make it up. I have no money. It might happen, but it's not looking good.

jealous about the Holyrood party with Big Cros!

Thu Jul 10, 01:26:00 PM  
Blogger Jaboc said...

You're right Luke I didn't, but it's too late to do anything about that now isn't it?

But seriously Janezy, I want to borrow that when I come back in the fall. Have you heard of/seen "Gotham Night" yet? It's made by the same guy who made the Batman Animated series/Justice League, BUT it's kinda like the Animatrix in that it is actually a bunch of short chapters done by a slew of Japanese cartoonists/directors. I call it "The Batman Japanimatrix Series". It takes place between the events of Batman Begins and the Dark Knight. A must see for Batman fans... which should include everyone who is a member of the Huddle. If you're not then please hand in your membership card to Luke on your way out.

Thank you.

As for me, I'll have to wait about month to see DK, but I'm planning on flying to a city with an IMAX screen so I can see it right. FYI it's the first time ever that a major feature film has been even partially shot using IMAX cameras (let alone SIX full sequences). I think you should all fly to Halifax for the event.... that's what I would do if I was home.



I like Batman

Fri Jul 11, 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Jacob, every remark there was choice. I'll have to rent the BM Japanimatrix before. . .

I GO TO SEE DARK KNIGHT AT THE AUSTIN IMAX.

holyfuck. That's right, kids. I hadn't done enough research to know that it was even shot for IMAX, and this post reminded me to get on the ball. So, by being a brown noser, I was lucky enough to get to the front of the line on Austinist to review the DK.

Not only that, but Warner Bros. is smart, because the press screening is at our local IMAX. So, Tuesday night @ 7pm (9:30NL), Nina & I will be in the middle of it. 3 days early Ho-ly-fuck.

Jake, don't lose your shit! No spoilers. Do they have a theater in Albania???

Fri Jul 11, 02:14:00 PM  
Blogger WhiteLily said...

Toronto has IMAX too. FABULOUS.

Fri Jul 11, 03:23:00 PM  
Blogger Jaboc said...

Albania doesn't have water 80% of the time.... but yeah, they have an imax theater.


Maybe I haven't done enough posting about what Albania is really like.

Fri Jul 11, 06:22:00 PM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

I hear Gotham Night is pretty shitty (according to ign review) but I'll see it eventually I guess. I can't believe Luke gets to see it on Tuesday, he better bootleg it for everybody. Janezy you back in town?

Fri Jul 11, 07:33:00 PM  
Blogger Janezy said...

I trust Cory's judgdment, but I'm still going to see it anyways. Jacob, sure i'll lend it to you're back...do you have a copy of the Japanimatrix Series? I actually had the the entire Batman: The Animated Series on my 500gb external hard drive, but it crashed a few weeks ago....cry

And yes, I'm back in town. Let's drink. Like, right now.

Fri Jul 11, 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

I tried calling you Janes but apparently you went and changed your phone number. I'm probably taking it easy today so I guess I'll see you tomorrow.

Sat Jul 12, 01:50:00 PM  
Blogger jill said...

i saw that batman movie already....batman dies in the end

ill be in st johns on august 2nd...its a saturday and i think its the last night of george street festival...i hope someone will go to george st with me!

Sat Jul 12, 08:04:00 PM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

Batman probably does die in the movie and then comes back somehow and is even more badass. I'd say there's a 20 minute seen of him kicking the shit out of the grim reaper, or maybe that will just be on the dvd. Anyway Jill, sadly nobody will be able to go to George St. with you as the following Monday is my birthday. We'll all have to rest up during the weekend to go Buck Wild on Monday and party through to Regatta Day. Maybe next year you can go to George St. Festival.

Sat Jul 12, 08:21:00 PM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

Just joking Jill. Of course we'll go to GSF with you when you get home. We can go Saturday if you like but it runs until Tuesday so don't worry about missing it. I think it's $15 this year (Canada Day was anyway) which is bullshit. We should either go down really early to avoid the $15 or half early to get our $15 worth. Canada Day we went down at like 1:30 and it was kind of a rip off. This time we'll go no later than noon. (Another joke, I'm on fire, see how before I didn't specify AM or PM. I can't believe I'm wasting this gold on a comment and not a post.)

Sat Jul 12, 08:35:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Or you could ask Brad the best way to lick someone's hand to get stamped 4 free.

at least, I think that was Brad I was with.

Sat Jul 12, 11:26:00 PM  
Blogger Janezy said...

Yes, I forgot to mention that I DID get the card, Sue! Thanks a million!

And Cory, yes I have a new number...is it safe to post it here though? Will I get Syphilis and/or offers to enlarge my penis from Nigerian Presidents? I don't know what to do....how safe are the internets these days?

Sun Jul 13, 03:32:00 AM  
Blogger WhiteLily said...

Facebook message it to us all, fool!

Sun Jul 13, 07:08:00 AM  
Blogger WhiteLily said...

(P.S. Yay that the card made it! :D )

Sun Jul 13, 07:09:00 AM  
Blogger jill said...

thanks for offering to go to george st with me cory...now i feel bad about ruining that batman movie for you.

my flight might get in in the night time, maybe the afternoon (luke when does the newark flight get to st johns i dont have an itinerary) in which case you should go early with tom and co. and get in free and ill lick brads hand. yay im so excited to go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 13, 02:18:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

HAhaha... excellent.

Jill---your flight should get in about 10 minutes to 11, at night.

I hear they're using an actual jet these days, so lucky u!!!

Man, I wish i could lick Brad's hand.

Sun Jul 13, 02:42:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

I think it goes without saying that everyone on the Huddle wishes they could lick Brad's hand.

Sun Jul 13, 04:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home