Saturday, April 04, 2009

Честит рожден ден, Luke!


And the rush continues! Next off the bus is our Texan editor, Luke Quinton!

We are fortunate enough here at Huddle to be exposed to many new musical interests thanks to Luke. Perhaps his deep interest in beats and melodies was inspired by that first sweet line: "I saw him dancin' there by the record machine..." Of course, sharing the birth weekend of Philip, Casey Kasem would have kept the No. 1 Hit the same. It turns out they both Love Rock 'n Roll!

If Philip was born on a Saturday, that makes Luke a Sunday baby, joining Hinchey in the ability to be bonny and blithe and good and gay.

And while the party at the Johnsons' winds down, the celebrations at Quintana's are just beginning. Many famous peeps will be arriving to join in the festivities (who's going to turn down salsa and nachos!?). Let's view the guest list, shall we? Unfortunately, first to arrive is Jamie Lynn Spears (1991) who didn't bring her sister with her! Next to arrive is Robert Downey Jr. (1965) in his Ironman suit quickly followed by the hilarious David Cross (1964) with tales of the upcoming Arrested Development movie! Of course, we take a moment to remember the genius of the late Heath Ledger (1979). Why so serious? The celebrations continue!

As we get ready to enter Quintana's ourselves and order a drink, let's pause here to wish Luke a very happy birthday! May Year 27 bring you happy times, fabulous possibilities, and enduring memories. Have a good one!

10 Comments:

Blogger WhiteLily said...

Keeping to the Eastern European theme of April, Luke's birthday title is in Bulgarian. The picture is in homage to Heath, of course (and because we all thought that movie was the bomb!)

Sat Apr 04, 09:34:00 AM  
Blogger Janezy said...

Happy Birthday Luke!

Susan, we didn't need your services for this one, though. Was I the only one getting 15 Birthday Reminders for Luke in my inbox every day??

Sat Apr 04, 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger MsNina said...

Happy Birthday Mr Quinton --- today is your day to shine! (imagine 40 + 4th graders singing this) I love ya and I hope your progress birthday party that is planned for today will be of your liking.

BTW Sue you are awesome!!

Sat Apr 04, 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Hey-Oh! Sue, many many thanks for such a gracious and flattering birthday announcement!!! It's even more awesome when it's done in your honour!

May I say that as a Palm Sunday child, and that us sunday children have a good thing goin', eh Hinch!

My dinner lineup sounds superb... what talent indeed!

Janes, I wish I knew what you were talking about.

Considering everyone's interesting goings on for Phil's and my birthdays, I officially request a single image upload to show your favourite method of celebration... in Tom's case, excellent dancing, etc.
Photo documentation will prove your admiration I always say.

Onward!

Sat Apr 04, 01:02:00 PM  
Blogger jill said...

happy birthday luke!! i wish i was there to help you celebrate!!

im confused about the heath thing though, did he die on your birthday? or was he born on april 4th too?

Sat Apr 04, 01:46:00 PM  
Blogger WhiteLily said...

He was born on Luke's birthday. He died in January, I believe.

Glad you like the post, Luke! :)

Sat Apr 04, 02:17:00 PM  
Blogger Coco butter said...

Happy Birthday to Phil and Luke. I also danced to celebrate both your birthdays. Alas, it was done in my mind so there will be no pictures. Did I mention it was done on the moon? While it was poorly choreographed (myself and the Rockettes only had a week to practice), we made up for it with passion. Perhaps someday we'll be able to celebrate your birthdays in person so that I might demonstrate...someday.

Sat Apr 04, 03:18:00 PM  
Blogger Philip said...

Happy Birthday Luke!

Strangely (or maybe not), I also was thinking about Cory dancing, so maybe our thoughts were so in tune that I really did see the same dance you were thinking of.

Sat Apr 04, 09:53:00 PM  
Blogger Jaboc said...

Happy Birthday Luke!

I hope you have a wonderful day, and I wish we could swing on by and make a few flautas... alas it will have to wait until the Christmas season.
Have a great one!

P.S. Have you heard of the compilation album "Dark was the night"? If not check it out and soak it in.

P.P.S. If you are unpleased with it, then just get Phil to forward those pictures along

Sun Apr 05, 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger Invisible Shield said...

Word to your bird ---

Yes, I have heard of Dark was The Night... don't tell me you downloaded it though because that's a cheap ticket straight to hades. (it funds AIDS research or something I think).

There was a CD opening party here for it that we went to and got cheap beer. I haven't bought it yet, but I'm getting onto EMusic so I'm a gonna snatch it and soak it up as per your request.

sweet.

Thu Apr 09, 12:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home