American Thanksgiving

I had to change the channel because foolish CBS had some weird angle on the Macy's Parade, but then NBC won't stop showing showtunes and I wouldn't particularly mind popping Matt Lauer in the face. But otherwise, Thanksgiving is good. You know, not as good as Canadian Thanksgiving --- the one that comes at harvest time as opposed to a week before Christmas; the one that was originally celebrated in Newfoundland!!!
I suppose we'll get around to telling the story of Canadian Thanksgiving in NYC this Christmas . . . not much to be said, I guess, besides relaying awesomeness: spilled wine by uncontrollable limbs, JanesRage/Anti-JanesRage, a wonderful walk around the Central Park Reservoir, RestaurantRestaurant and fried Oreos, crazy Congee Village, shopping for thanksgiving pizza in Union Square, Tom and Janes being interviewed in the same. Oh, and there were pommes frites, sketchy(at 1am) Bushwick with a great rooftop view, delicious brunch with free mimosas! Oh, now there's some terrible Jonas Brothers want-to-be-band on tv with a red guitar. This is sad, this is no Canadian Thanksgiving in America!
But, things that are not sad: 5 pies waiting to be devoured (2xpumpkin, 1xapple, 2xpecan),
Nina's parents built a new sun room and it has good feng shui.
It's not very cold here and I went on a beautiful bike ride yesterday up and around some hills.
Things to be thankful for!





















4 Comments:
Not very cold! I just checked, it's 17C, it's like the middle of the friggin summer! Pecan pie would be alright right about now, though I've never had sweet potato pie so maybe I'll imagine having that instead. Hey Janes, when do you get home?
Sorry but there is scientific evidence to suggest that Feng Shui is real.
Hey, if you guys were stuck listening to the term "blasty" every sentence for over 12 consecutive hours on two separate occasions, you would have been just as blasty as me...I mean ragey.
I'll be home on the 17th, ready to drink myself silly.
17! Well that's a surprise. For some unknown reason I haven't seen a weather report in about 3 weeks.
I want to try sweet potato pie . . . nina and I made pumpkin pie from scratch and it was grand. I'd hazard a guess that you could make a good pie out of any old gourd, Eh, Janezy?!?
Post a Comment
<< Home