Yule Goat 2009
Or is it 2010? I can't remember which year we end up going with...
At ay rate, last year was the best year yet. And the flautas were a nice addition. Hopefully we can have something as equally as fun this year. Any suggestions should be made here. I guess ultimately it's up to Luke and his family.
I'm mainly making this post so that I don't have to see that last post every time I check the Huddle. Thanks Janes, really appreciate it.
All's well in Albania. I still don't know if I'm going to make it home for the big day, so just keeping my fingers crossed at this point. I did get to witness the slaughter of a sheep the other day. I won't post any of the numerous pictures I have, but if anyone's interested in seeing some gory goodness, I'll be sure to share it with you. And for the truly sick amongst you, I also have a video.
As you were.
At ay rate, last year was the best year yet. And the flautas were a nice addition. Hopefully we can have something as equally as fun this year. Any suggestions should be made here. I guess ultimately it's up to Luke and his family.
I'm mainly making this post so that I don't have to see that last post every time I check the Huddle. Thanks Janes, really appreciate it.
All's well in Albania. I still don't know if I'm going to make it home for the big day, so just keeping my fingers crossed at this point. I did get to witness the slaughter of a sheep the other day. I won't post any of the numerous pictures I have, but if anyone's interested in seeing some gory goodness, I'll be sure to share it with you. And for the truly sick amongst you, I also have a video.
As you were.
Labels: Sheep's the new goat, Yule Goat





















10 Comments:
We will burn the Quintons' house down. That's the new Yule goat.
Option B: Burn a goat-shaped collection of sticks near their house.
Option B (alternative): Have a DRY RUN at the Hincheys! Then burn that fucker at the Quintons'.
Jbird, get your travel dates figured out.
Multiple goats in multiple locations... I like it.
Not as of yet.... At this rate I'll be lucky to make it home for New Years.
I predict Jacob's arrival will be like Jesus Christ's: Christmas morn.
i predict it will be like jesus christ's other arrival...3 days after easter.
Well I guess deciding the year has been a fix since the days of 07-08, aka, yule goat vid 08: http://vimeo.com/1690271 (password=julbock if you want a memory jog).
I have to concur that last year was the finest to date. The 2nd best goat but the best overall event/skating/snowball fight.
I like the idea of combining goat & food preparation again. The tamales were pretty sweet. Maybe a pot-luck or something similar? I'm making a pretty deadly pizza these days... brainstorming in order. I'm sure ma and pa Quinton would love to host.
Maximizing skating opportunities is key, as for the timing.
Flautas, tamales, same thing.
I completely forgot that about that video, and I recommend everyone to check it.... just got me extra excited for this years burning. Thanks for the post Lukey.
I hope to be home for Good Friday!
p.s. Where's Hinchay? I want some new ideas from the Yule Goat originator!
Ho Ho, I did a good job. Actually, I honestly thought that we shot that video last year . . . like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.
Oh, and here's a link to this year's Swedish Yule goat:
Das Julbock
Let's hope we can catch it burn this year.
Skating is key since I bought new skates last winter. I never made it out last Yule Goat so I'll be eating twice as much this year and skating twice as fast. Anything else planned for that night I will be doing in double time... unless it's love-making, and then I'll go extra slow.
For any Yule Goat celebration I prescribe an early start with an abundance of dry branches. Suppers and showers must be concluded well in advance. Better yet, choose one or the other for that day. But it doesn't count if you opt out of supper because you enjoy the sobriety of hunger like I do, in which case you should get neither of shower or supper.
Post a Comment
<< Home